Quantcast Downsizing a design

news

discussion boards mailing list tips / tricks / forms designs suppliers find a shop marketplace
News
  archives

Discussion
  main menu

Suppliers
  apparel

hats

thread
  backing
  hoops / hooping
  stock designs

Tips & Tricks
  main menu

Mailing List

my account

Amaya Shops
  locate a shop

Marketplace
  shop for supplies

Resources
  official Melco site
  online resources

Help Support This Site:

Post Thanks / Like

Downsizing a design

Hi,
    I've got a "Senior Moment" happening..
    I need to downsize a design, 20%, what is it I do to down size the fill stitches now?
    Please help...it's been an hour since I tried to remember...
    Susan
    @Hidden Cottage
    Hidden Cottage

420 S.W. H street, Grants Pass, Oregon 97526
    Post Thanks / Like
    If its an .OFM file or a .cnd file it should rework the stitch count automatically to the smaller size. if it's a .EXP file it is expanded and will not add or lose stitches when the size is adjusted, And I don't think they can be manually edited unless you want to try to delete them stitch by stitch.

Generally if the design is smaller, you may want to adjust the fill stitch up in number which is less density on the stitch count. Select the component in the design tree on the right (design shop) and then right click and choose properties and the second tab on the left should be where you can adjust the fill stitch.
    Hope that helps.

Ron
    Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Post Thanks / Like
    If you do have an .EXP file, you can eliminate crowded stitching without changing the density. My program isn't open, but look under Tools and see what stitch processing options you have. If you can't find this, I'll have a chance to look this evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    One codicil to the information below...my DS version is very old, so your tab setup, etc. might be different.

If you are just worried about overcrowded stitch entry points, go to Tools>Filter>Stitch Proximity Plot. There you can adjust two things: the maximum offset distance between crowded stitch entry points and the sensitivity to the amount of crowding that you want reduced - low, medium,or high.

If you want to change column/satin density, fill density, or column width, you can select expanded elements in your Project Tree and open the Stitch Processing Tab. The densities can be changed by a percentage; the width, by points.