thread pulling out when starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thread pulling out when starting

hello all, this is my first post here. just got my machine a few weeks ago. think I got a great deal on a big red. considering I came from a single needle machine it is a good upgrade for me. so here is my issue, sometimes when my machine does a trim, when it starts back its like the thread is pulled out and doesnt tie on and it stops for a thread break. any ideas what causes this and how to fix it?

Hi there, and welcome.

The knife could be dull.

The stabilization could be loose.

The thread trim in Amaya OS could be set to short instead of medium or long.

The thread could be too heavy.

I would start with making sure your work piece is well stabilized and appropriately tight in the hoop, and your trim tail length is set to long.

Comment

The knife could be dull.
      not sure about that one, but the machine only had 10 hours on it when I got it, maybe has 50 hours now.

The stabilization could be loose.
      this is in a hat, not sure if that makes a difference. I have tried using spray adhesive as well.

The thread trim in Amaya OS could be set to short instead of medium or long.
      this has been set to long. I was able to find that and change it, still happens.

The thread could be too heavy.
      this happens with 30WT and 40WT, but it has only been an issue on hats.

I would start with making sure your work piece is well stabilized and appropriately tight in the hoop, and your trim tail length is set to long.I did just up the inching stitch count from 5 to 9 and seems to have helped. We will see after a few more runs.

Comment

Working...
      X