Wait time for Melco tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait time for Melco tech

I have had my Silver Surfer for 14+ years, all with a maintenance agreement. I added a second machine almost three years ago.

For the first time ever, I have no running machine, and have had to put in a service call. I am being told that, even though I am dead in the water, I am looking at a two month response time due to "everyone opening back up at the same time". I have been open the entire time and have a stack of orders pending with hard deadlines.

Melco has shipped the parts; any ideas on what to do? I have left email with [email protected], and also a message with the Melco Service Manager, who I am waiting to hear back from.

Just so I'm understanding...

You have an active service agreement that you've paid for monthly or yearly - for the last 14+ years and now when you need service, you are being told 60 days.

What's the SLA or service level agreement in the contract? Is there a guaranteed turn around time? Is this breaking the contract? If you are loosing business because of it - this is a huge deal.

Are you in California now? Is there anyone that you could drop ship the work to in order to get past this stretch?
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Melco Tech support is walking me through how to replace these parts. They called today and are being REALLY patient as I do this. Curtis rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Judy View Post
        Melco Tech support is walking me through how to replace these parts. They called today and are being REALLY patient as I do this. Curtis rocks!
        Really glad to hear this.

What are you replacing?
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

So far, the motherboard. Walking me through replacing harnesses as necessary tomorrow, and if necessary, a color change motor (at least that's what I think it is...)

Comment

Working...
          X