WACF vs WACF Extended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WACF vs WACF Extended

I know this was discussed on the mail list but I cannot figure out what I have. I got my machine and hoops last year. The hat hoop does not look like the one shown in the manual. It slips onto the 2 round bars that are permanently on the machine. Is this WACF or WACF Extended? Also, can someone explain why the presser foot would be raised on hats? Is this only for seamed hats? Thanks in advance.

As you have described the cap driver as two separate pieces it is definitly the XT Extended version. When selecting the proper cap driver designation use only the "XT Extended" one.

The presser foot on the XT Amaya can pretty much be used the same as you would use it on flats. I believe the standing instructions are to lower it all the way down and raise it 2 or 3 notches. But this would apply to caps with a center seam and not necessarily to 5 panel caps with no center seam, bucket hats or other simular items.

With some experience you will learn what height works best for different brands and styles of caps. If the presser foot is too low it can hammer the cap material and leave a foot print. If it is too high it will allow flagging resulting in thread breaks, fraying and/or breaking needles.

The all the way down and up two or three notches is just a guideline....find the position that works the best on your XT machine....as it does not use a raised needle plate as the older Amayas did...hope this helps...

Rod Springer
    Melco Amaya Tech and Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thank you. I can't find a picture anywhere of what looks like my machine with the 2 rods permanently attached. None of the pictures I see on the Melco website look exactly like this. The rods go all the way to the back of the cylinder where they are attached. I only got it 9 months ago, brand new, so can I assume that it is the latest style? However, the manual only discusses WACF so that is what we have been using. Maybe this was taught in class and I missed it.

Comment

The "XT Extended" is the only proper designation to use for the two piece cap driver as it is specifically made for the XT Amaya.
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
        X