Cap frame screw broke - XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap frame screw broke - XT

Last night while torturing myself trying to do some caps, I heard a big clunk and the design went all out of whack. I stopped the machine and saw that one of the screws with all the ridges that hold part of the cap frame had sheared off. I don't know if that means it was too tight or too loose or just out of alignment. I had never touched these screws and that part of the cap frame has always been on my machine. So, where do I call for a replacement - Melcomart or tech support? I have not had to call for a part yet. Also, I tried using the WACF extended as the hoop for this in Amaya OS and got all kinds of problems. I went back to using WACF and it worked a little better.

I had that same thing happen. If you tighten even the slightest bit too tight it will shear off, but if you don't tighten it enough the two posts will slide out and ruin your design. I spoke with Melco and they said that they will not be changing that "feature" any time soon. They want it that way because too many people tighten those screws too tight. I think that they should just make it part of the machine. You don't have to remove those pieces anyway to do flats.
    Anyway I ended up having to buy a couple more and have them rushed no less because I had 100 hats left to do. Hope you have better luck.

Oh, by the way, I was able to still do hats when I had just one of those screws in, but it is not reccommended.
    Tara Childs<br />Impressing Promotions, LLC<br />2575 Campus Dr., Suite 341<br />Klamath Falls, OR 97601

Comment

They are sending me more of those screws and also the elusive Cap Video. The tech guy could not tell me why if I select WACF Extended, which he says I have, my machine acts and sounds like it is going to explode.

Comment

Originally posted by impressingpromo:
        I had that same thing happen...
        Anyway I ended up having to buy a couple more and have them rushed no less because I had 100 hats left to do. Hope you have better luck.
        Tara, I got the replacement screws but how the heck do you put them in? They are too long to fit! I got the cap video and it says to be careful because they are difficult to reinstall.

Comment

Working...
        X