Z axis timeout error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z axis timeout error

I am having trouble with my machine. I keep getting the "Z axis timeout error" massage every time it CUTS. It sews just fine. It only messes up when it cuts the thread.

When it cuts I hear a loud thud, or banging noise. And the thread gets tucked up under the bobbin handle. (The little thing you flip out to hold the bobbin that also locks it in place).. I don't know how the thread gets under the handle, but it does. I use the maintenance head timing, to raise the head up, and and untangle it manually, and then proceed to sew again.

I have read several post about the same issues but no exact answer to fix it...

thanks a bunch for any help...

Pat Little
    Scrubs and Co.
    Cell--601-502-5994

I'd open it up and clean out the cutter. Unscrew the needle plate, clean and lubricate.

Comment

Thanks for your reply- I have done that and also changed the cutter. still the same.

Comment

I almost hate to admit this, but one day my machine was making loud thunking noises every time it trimmed, I thought it was something major going on. But, I discouvered I had failed to tighten the hoop arm screws all the way and they had loosened up. It sewed, but sounded terrible. In 3 years had never done that before. So checked the hoop screws just in case!

Comment

I have fixed my problem!!!

For those that have or will have the same issue here is the deal. HOOK TIMING!!! you must preform the hook timing and needle guade gap Adjustment. And trust me you will not get it done on the frist try. One tip though... as you are setting the hook timing make sure that your current Z position stays the same. You will understand this more as you read through the Hook Timing Procedure. If anyone is having this issue and would like to call me here is my number 601-502-5994

thanks,

Pat Little

Comment

Z-axis timeout error -machine head cannot go up

Hello everyone,
            Could someone help me with z-axis timeout error. The machine head cannot go up when you perform the head up function and brings z-axis timeout error.

Comment

Try grabbing the shaft (the one high up behind the head) and with the machine off, turn it so the needle comes up. Then turn on the machine. When I have done this, as a precaution, I remove the needle first. If you try this, let us know if it worked for you.

Juli
              Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thanks Juli, will thus tried and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                X