Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WACF use with XT

I have the XT Extended WACF.
    I am working with a cap that does not hoop well using the newer single strap cap frame. It stays in the hoop well with the older two strap cap frame. What do I choose in OS for the hoop?
    This is quite confusing and I cannot remain on hold with Melco for another 45 minutes. I would leave a message, but the last time I did that, I did not get a call back until 2 days later. I would prefer to run these hats today.
    Any help would be so greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    LuAnn
    LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

LuAnn,

I have been seeing some of the problems that you mentioned while we have been on tech calls lately.

Stay with the XT Extended cap driver designation.

The real problem seems to result from the little stand-off on the cap bill hold down system on the cap frame. Once you have the cap hooped and then flex the bill of the cap forward and try to secure it with the slider clamp, it then wants to push the cap off the teeth of the frame and then the cap will just fall loose....

At a couple of customers lately, we removed the little stand-off which then allowed a deeper bite on the style of cap they were using and then the frame was usable. One must be cafeful to be fully aware of where the edge of the cap frame is under the cap and be careful not to run the design too low in the sewing field to where a needle strike results or the presser foot starts banging on the metal toothed edge of the frame.

The little stand-off is supposed to position the cap so that the area from the crown to the bill will sit perfectly flat on the sewing arm which will then allow the presser foot to be used just as you would with flats and the speed could be increased too..

The little stand-off is easily removed by taking two little nuts off the back side of the verticle bill clamping system and can be replaced just as easily.....try this and I believe you will see that it may solve your immediate problem. Just be careful to feel where the toothed edge of the cap frame is and always do a trace to make sure there is clearance.

Rod Springer
    Melco Amaya Tech and Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod,
      Thank you so much for the response.
      I ran the 2 dozen hats yesterday without incident. I did change the hoop choice in OS to WACF (per the advice of a tech at Melco). I had previously encountered this issue and had made notes on the order at that time. (Which I found after posting for help)
      This morning, after reading your post, I removed the little stand-off and hooped one of those hats. It is much more secure in the cap frame now. I really pulled on it and it did not unhoop!
      Thanks again! I really appreciate your help.
      Have a great day. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

Comment

Working...
      X