rotary hook in wrong position ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotary hook in wrong position ...

yesterday while stitching on a jacket my machine decided it was hungry and ATE the jacket lining, wrapping it all around the bobbin case/rotary hook.
    After much wiggling I got the fabric out of the area; had to remove the silver arm that screws in at the left of the bobbin arm and curves to the front. Got that piece back on fine.
    Now I see that the rotary hook is in the wrong position so it's breaking the needle. Instead of the hook being at the lower right position when idle (thank goodness I have 2 machines so can reference the good one and compare) it is near the top left of the bobbin area.
    Is this a "tech needs to come out" type of thing or is it something I can fix on my own?
    Please help with any suggestions.

Thank you.

Janet
    [email protected]
    Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Janet,
    I'd say maybe 10% of embroiderers know how to set their own hook timing. And that number might be high. If you think you have a mechanical aptitude and an appreciation for precision, then maybe Melco will attempt to walk you through it over the phone. As a tech myself, I gave up on trying to walk my customer's through hook timing over the phone because not one was able to get it right and I spent hours at it only to have to go out to the customer's site to set it myself. Maybe someone here on the list would be willing to give it a shot. If so, you really should consider compensating them as I'm sure it might take a while.
    Also, so you'll know, as a tech, if that's all that's wrong with the machine, I can set hook timing within 30 minutes. So decide for yourself how much you'd be willing to spend to have a tech handle it for you or if you want to go at it alone.
    Best of luck,
    Ed
    Best of luck
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Ed:

thank you. I had a feeling that was the issue.

I called my tech and he will be out here on Tuesday.
      Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Comment

Janet,

It sounds like when you ingested the jacket lining the hook rotated out of the retaining finger (the little chrome arm on the left side of the sewing arm that hold the hook in the right position). Very easy to fix, you should have gotten a gauge with your tool kit to set the "gap". The tool is a flat peice of steel with a little finger on it. Use your maint. cd for procedure. 5 min tops and your back up and running.

Steve I.
        Trinity Embroidery
        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Janet,
          Steve has a good point.
          If, in fact, it was your rotary hook support bracket (silver piece on left side of sewing arm) that was messed up, then yes, you might be able to set this yourself.
          However, this bracket does not set the hook timing. It only holds the "bobbin basket" in it's correct position while sewing. I believe you had mentioned that it was the rotary hook that was out of sync.
          If you find that it's just the bobbin basket that has been rotated, then check the maintenance CD as suggested. If you find the outer portion of the rotary hook has slipped, then you are back to where we were before.

Ed
          -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

I can not get my bobbin case to fit into the machine. The case it fits in looks like it is turned the wrong way, because the bobbin will go in if the little spring thing is on top, but it won't fit like it should with the spring to the right. I pushed the start button and the needle hit something and broke, after that is when I couldn't get the bobbin to fit back in. It didn't hit the hoop of anything. Any suggestions?

Comment

Yo Tex....read all of the above posts.....Ed is describing your issue....it is the retaining support finger that is not in the vertical groove of the rotary hook basket where it is suppose to be......

Rod Springer
              Amaya Tech & Trainer
              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
              X