needle stuck down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needle stuck down

I'm in the middle of a rush job. the needle is down and I can't get it up. I tried the head up and e-stop and restarting the machine. I can't get the needle out or take the jacket and hoop off machine. I tried to rotate the shaft but it will not move. that is all the suggestions I have found. I don't know what else to do. I will try to call tech support tommorrow. I live in north central missouri I don't know of any techs in this area. I need to get this job done by saturday afternoon. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Sherry

Try loosening the screw that holds the needle in so the needle won't move with the needle holder. Then with either the Emergency button pushed or the machine off, reach up underneath and grab the shaft and turn it by hand (slowly) it probably won't move very far (you can try moving it back and forth this way but only with the machine OFF. This may allow you to get enough space that you can start nipping thread and get the needle out. If so once the needle is out you can start nipping to get it freed up underneat on the bobbin side. If you get the jacket out, clean out the bobbin area, turn the machine off, shutdown the software & computer. Reboot computer, then AmayaOS, then try turning on the machine again and see if everything returns to normal. If so put a new needle back in and start over.

This has worked for me when on occasion I have stupidly left the feed roller up or forgot to put a bobbin back in and the thread got really balled up and caused the needle to get bound up in the down position. Hate to admit I did something so stupid but hope info helps you.

Sue
    All Custom Embroidery

Comment

Sue
      Thanks for your response. My husband was able to
      get the needle out this morning,so I have the jacket out of the way now. I will try to turn
      everything back on.
      Thanks Sherry

Comment

I turned everything back on. It still will not
        reset. I still can't get the shaft to rotate.
        I tried the head up again. Is there anything
        else I can try?
        Sherry

Comment

I vaguely remember our needle getting stuck in the down position though I'm not sure it was the same situation as you're having. We were doing one of the maintenances (not sure which one) and we had to remove one of the covers on the right side of the head (I remember we were able to see all the little LED lights). We had to lift up the needle bar or something and put grease in an area. Somehow the needle bar ended up getting jammed under this thing and wouldn't go up until we moved it out from under it. Sorry for being so vague. I'll look up the maintenance if I get a chance and see if I can figure out what parts they were exactly.
          Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

.....I just read this post http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ult...53.html#000005 and I think that's the maintenance we were doing...
            Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Kerrminator
              Thanks for the reply. I saw that post but no information that I could use. I will call
              tech support later today. I have to go to day job and do payroll. I hoping my boss will let me off since this order is for him.
              Sherry

Comment

Just in case what's happening to you is what just happened to me, check to see if the presser foot is holding down the needle clamp. If it is, gently move it out of the way and the bar will release. If you have a garment on the machine with the needle down, remove the needle and you should be able to remove the garment. Is the grabber in the front (where it belongs) or behind the needle? If it's behind, you might need to remove the grabber. HTH.

Barb in Broomfield, CO
                Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

Back in the prehistoric days of the original BIg Red we had, it wasn't too long after we got it going in the middle of a 150 piece order that one needle shaft got stuck down and we couldn't move it for anything. Dick (now gone) helped me over the phone, I had heard horrible noises before it got stuck and he figured it was lack of oil on the 'shaft pads' that heated up and stuck it. With his phone help, removed the needle, opened the front panel, and oiled the shafts top and bottom several times and let it soak in. Kept trying to turn the shaft until the oil finally made it through and the shaft turned, then up came the rod. Went through full maintainence, and he said to double the amount of oil put into the keyhole (this was before tech service determined it HAD to be done) and also oiled the shafts. Problem solved-it was the heat of using only 4 needles repeatedly for long hours that dried up the oil around the shafts. Learned to move thread cones around and add extra oil, etc.

Comment

Barb
                    thanks for the reply. The presser foot is not touching anything I have removed the needle clamp. the grabber bar is in front. I did finally get the needle and jacket out.

Sigman
                    I did the full maintainence a couple of weeks ago. I will try oiling the shaft see if I can
                    get in to turn.
                    Thanks Sherry

Comment

I finally got the shaft to turn and reset the machine. I ran a test design and all needles work
                      but the needle that was stuck down makes a loud hammering sound. I have changed the thread to another needle to get this job done. I may have to have tech out yet. Thanks for all the help.
                      Sherry

Comment

SherryG
                        This is Ted from Missouri. My email is [email protected]. If I can help you this next week email me and we'll set up a time. Thanks much!
                        Ted II

Comment

Ted
                          Thanks for your email. I will keep it handy.
                          Sherry

Comment

Working...
                          X