Hiccup/Skip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiccup/Skip

Has anyone experienced this and if so, is there a solution?

I have had a recurring problem since I started using my Amaya (not XT). Periodically, with no warning and with no known interval, she hiccups. Usually in the middle of a long running stitch or a fill stitch, there will be a soft "clunk" and the registration will shift about half a millimeter. The shift is always "down" moving the hoop away from the machine arm. I watch it carefully when this starts happening and can usually salvage the design if I catch it quick enough.

When it first started, Jeff Banks was mystified. For the longest time, I was the only one reporting this issue, but that changed after about a year. I don't know if there was ever a solution or reason discovered.

On my machine, it had stopped for quite some time.

Now it is back with a vengeance. In one small, left chest design, it hiccuped four times this morning. On the next design, it hiccuped again. These are designs I've been stitching fairly regularly without any issues. It doesn't matter which needle, either.

I've got a fairly good sized job (for me) that I have to complete this weekend, plus a detailed design that I need done this afternoon. Neither design is one that will be easily recoverable if this hiccup occurs again.

Thanks!
    Wyvern Productions<br /> <a href=\"http://www.wyvernproductions.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.wyvernproductions.com/</a>

I am not an Amaya expert, but it sounds as if something is getting in the way of the pantograph mechanism somewhere. I would go into OS and do the rail maintenance on both of the axes, and while I was doing this, I would be checking for any wear, loose cable tension, or anything that doesn't look or seem right.
    Gregory

Comment

To me it sounds like you might have a loose pulley on either the y motor or on the y shaft. I have seen this a few times over the years. The pulleys are locked to the shaft with set screws that tighten to a flat spot on the shaft. If the screw works its way loose the pulley could randomly rock back and fourth on the shaft resulting in a registration issue similar to what you describe.
      StringNet Technical Services LLC<br />Your Technical Safety Net

Comment

Working...
      X