Moving an XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving an XT

Does anyone has any experience moving the machine? Let's say like 500 miles? When my machine was delivered to my house, the people delivering it struggle with it and hit it 3 times. Is it better to have professionals do it or can I put it on a UHAUL and drive it myself? Thanks for the help.Jazmin.
    Jazmin from Mexico in San Antonio <br /><a href=\"http://www.PoshLittleThings.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PoshLittleThings.com</a><br /> <a href=\"http://www.etsy.com/shop/poshlittlethings\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.etsy.com/shop/poshlittlethings</a>

Mine came strapped down to a pallet with a big pallet box over it. That is the only way I'd ship it. We picked it up at the airport ourselves and they loaded it on our pickup with a fork lift. Then getting it off - we unpacked it on the truck and (two strong guys) lifted it down right onto the cart which we assembled first.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Been there done that!

I will clarify, I moved a purchased AMAYA from an apartment in San Diego, CA to Fairfield, CA which is almost 500 miles by a UHAUL van with ramp.

First, It's a good idea to remove the thread and anything else that is not screwed or bolted to the AMAYA before moving it. Then, the previous owner and I took it down a flight of stairs and into the van.

Being careful to lift it as instructed when an AMAYA is shipped in its original shipping crating. (ie: lift using the metal lifting areas and not the plastic covers.)

With the AMAYA off the stand and we roped it carefully on the floor of the van using only the cast metal frame.

Drove safely. With normal care of someone who owns the equipment, I had no problems.
      Digital Stitchz / LaserWorkz<br />905 Texas Street<br />Fairfield, CA 94533<br />707-426-9963<br /><br />Embroidery, Screenpriinting, laser engraving and banners<br /><br />We keep you in STITCHZ, make your life colorful & your business more visible.

Comment

SHRINK WRAP and then wrap in a good thick blanket.
        Then strap down and you should be good.

Comment

I move my Amaya in Florida in my van with the help od a friend from our shop on the beach to a house in Cape Coral then from SW Florida to Tucson in one of those pods. I strapped it to the wall put "padding" thick blankets around it. then packed in the boxes. She was in the the pod middle of May til middle of September. I then rolled her out my self, into a small ground floor appt. Gave her a good greasing, cleaning, and pep talk. She ran happy. The following Sept. I moved again. this time Gracie road in the back of my brother in-laws pick-up about 5 miles through town. Gracie is working happily in her new digs. I've decided to have a tech come just to give her a through once over As she hasn't seen a tech since June 2005.
          So I would say yes, but better to have one other person to help.
          Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Working...
          X