Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Thread Breaks

Hello,
    We are sewing caps on two XT amayas using the old cap frames. We are experiencing constant false thread breaks during sewing of tiny stitches within the design. This is every 3 -5 stitches. Other parts of the design sews okay. We have to stand there and keep pushing the button. This started out with just a few times per cap to now constantly. This is a 13,000 stitch detailed design. Both machines are doing the same thing. This is a 100 cap order.Any ideas??

Mary Harper
    Phoenix Products
    Iowa

Mary, some hats have a bulge in the front which is hard to hoop tightly. You may need extra backing behind it and I tighten the bobbin on my
    Big Red.
    Hope this helps.
    Jo
    Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

Comment

First, remember to do all of this pretending the Amaya is a 4 week old baby. Check the thread break sensor bar connector under the left hand side of the round silver bar right by the red part (on XT). It is a little piece of thin metal, an electrical connection. If it is linty or oily, slide in a piece of "good cut-away" to clean- you'll know. If this does not help, try wiggling- no "reseating" the thread sensor bar. Just rotate it a tiny bit back & forth a couple of times-REAL EASY-remember? If this didn't help, I might check my thread feed setting before I call my tech.
      Gregory

Comment

Mary,

There can be many reasons for false thread breaks, one being presser foot height. You are using old style cap frames on an XT...this equates to quite a lot of loose material in the frontal area of the cap. The presser foot ( on the XT ) should be all the way don and up 1 or 2 clicks. If the cap is allowed to flag then false and real thread breaks will occur.

In your case I would just go into the "Settings" and disable bobbin detection for these/this problem design(s), but then that means you must now babysit the bobbin so that you do not run out and possibly make a mess.....and this is also assuming that the presser foot is set correctly....

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
        X