Center Design is not Centered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center Design is not Centered

I am having trouble with my Amaya. When I tell it to center the design, it moves to a place that is not center (I can tell by the markings on the hoop). I have rebooted the machine, but that doesn't help. Any ideas on how to get my machine to a true center location?

Thanks!
    Lisa
    Lisa Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel<br />Canton, GA<br />770.369.2060

I have the same issue. I'm about 1/8" off. Why?
    I do a "test sew" draw a line around the inside of the hoop after sewing. Trim it, then draw in the hoop center lines, (not the designs) then I place it on the garment where I want it to sew, marking the hoop center lines to hoop.
    Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Hit ESTOP.

Push / Move carriage to the back right.

Release ESTOP

Turn machine off and turn on again.

See what happens [img]smile.gif[/img]

Most likely it's a dirty censor or rail (which is painted white so the sensor sees it) and for some reason it's not seeing it correctly.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
      Hilton Head Island, SC
      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

This is interesting. I experienced the same thing as described above and just wrote it off to something in the digitized file. If I maneuvered the design to center (visually) then it went to the OS fine. But DS would not "center" the design for me. Maybe it's a different symptom...

Comment

Are you talking the laser? If so, realize that depending on thickness, the center will vary. The laser is projected at an angle - it's not directly above the needle. Also, it's possible the laser allignment could be slightly off.
          John Yaglenski
          Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

No not the lazer. The live sew image is centered in designshop, and on the os screen, in real life...the hoop is about 1/8th-3/16th" off center. I only ball part with the lazer...as it is forwardand to the right of the needle...

Comment

I always look at the needle for left to right centering.

Have you had your machine checked out? Sounds kind of odd to me. Maybe Rod or Hugo can check in with what the tolerances are or what might be going wrong here.

So is it off center left/right or top/bottom.
              John Yaglenski
              Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

It's been a while I am planning to call Hassan to come a give "Gracie" a 5 year tune up. Maybe he will be able to figure out the centering issue.

Comment

My fast way to check the center(ing) of the pantograph is to take a thin rubber band and put it over one of the "ears" of the top part of the hoop pull it toward the hole of the hoop and turn it 180 degrees- to make an "X" before you loop the band aroud the other "ear". Now- snap the band a coupla times to center the "X", and Viola!- you have the center of the hoop, and can find the center of the pantograph even if the software or sensors are off...put the rubber- banded hoop on the machine & get it to where center looks to be-I'd start where the machine "thinks" center is and work from there. Do a "bottom center" & see how close you are till you get it right. If there is "play" in the pantograph when the machine is on & idle, I'd be calling my tech.
                  Gregory

Comment

Thanks for all your help!
                    Lisa Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel<br />Canton, GA<br />770.369.2060

Comment

I had this same problem and i took some dust remover and spray air on the sensor for the hoop detection. I learned this after a tech on the phone went threw a few other things and this is what worked for me.

Comment

I think this is contagious! I put in the points for an 11.5 square hoop and they look fine but the Amaya refuses to center the hoop in the right place. I blew out the regular sensors. Is there another place to blow air for the hoop sensor?
                        Someone tell me what my hoop description should read so I can check what I put in, please.
                        Jo
                        Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

Comment

Working...
                        X