Color Change Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Change Issue

I have a 2007 XT that recently stopped recognizing color change sequences in any design I load. The color change motor works fine and I have the designs set to use color sequence in the designs. The machine always sews with needle 6. I can manually stop, thread cut and change to any other color to complete the sewing of that color sequence, but when a new color comes up in the design the machine goes back to needle 6. I also noticed that when the machine boots up, it drives to needle 6 on initialization. Any ideas where I should start looking to fix this?

Jason,

Does this mean you have only one machine?

Ver7 or Ver9 software?

If you have more than one machine, what is happening with the others?

What windows operating system are you currently using?

Having a lack of information to diagnois the problem with, I would probably start by advising you to reload the software making sure that all firewalls and virus programs are disabled. Also be sure that DS and/or AOS is "always" the LAST programs to be loaded on the computer so that there are no registry conflicts.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Not having seen your machine, I can only take a guess. I'm thinking your color change files on the machine may have become corrupt.

Personally, I would want to ask you several questions first but I have to get on the road today. However, you can try clicking on "Maintenance", "Calibration", and then "Get Table". Follow the prompts by clicking "okay".
      Then click on the tab "Steppers" and in the column for color change, click on "Home".

Know this!! Don't jack around with the other buttons on this page as you might just set yourself up for a service call from a tech. Of course you might already be there at this point.
      It wouldn't hurt to check in with Melco's tech support or call your local tech so they know what's going on in case your issues run deeper.

Ed
      Melco Tech
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Thanks Rod and Ed.
        I have 2 machines, each in it's own cluster. One machine has no problems, the other has this strange color change issue. hey both worked fine up until last week. Thus I believe the designs are fine and the problem is isolated to 1 machine. I am running Amaya OS ver 8.00 on Windows XP Pro. These machines are new to me and so is this forum, so please forgive my ignorance as I scale the learning curve. All comments are appreciated with gratitude.

Comment

Hey Jason, from a former newbie that DID call and demand to have our original Amaya taken back...whew, those were frustrating days...
          hang in there-and listen to Ed and Rod. We've met Rod on one of his many cross country jaunts, and have talked with Ed both email and phone...great guys (and Sharon, you're great also!) they all know what they are doing and like everyone else here...they've all 'BEEN THERE~DONE THAT' with the machines. A lot of problems, and I mean a LOT Of problems...end up with something really simple that we the newbies overlook or weren't told about. Ed, Rod, another tech (Brian is phenomenal here in New Hampshire)in your area...can stand there, go over your machine and magically press a button or click a command and 'poof'...she's up and running again. Humble bow your head and kneel down to the gods of tech land and offer to buy them a meal...it goes a long way...LOL
          but keep in mind-there are times where no matter what they try to do on posts here or phone calls to help, you may have to dust off the wallet and get someone to come visit for a checkup! It's worth it-and put it in your list of 'yearly expenses you can't get away from'...
          Roland

Comment

To your point Roland, does anyone know who the Melco Amaya techs are in Illinois (Chicagoland area)?

Comment

Hi Jason, I've seen this issue before. I am a certified tech out in Michigan and occasionally make my way to Chicago. But your problem can most likely be resolved over the phone. Give me a call at 586-909-3913.
              Melco Certified Amaya Tech

Comment

Just as a point of follow-up, my PC hard drive went bad so with a fresh install of everything, all is working fabously again. Am not sure if this is coincidental or not, but I am once again sewing with confidence.

Comment

Working...
                X