Cap Frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap Frames

Does anyone out there use the cap frames for the WACF with the double straps? I have the ones with the single straps (P/N 32530-01) & am not happy with them. I am talking about P/N U32530 when I say double strap. I want to get a couple to try, but I wanted to check with you guys first. My boss fully expects me to be able to put just about ANY design on a cap & I need all the help I can get on this. Also- someone in here (maybe Rod) said something about a replacement part for the troublesome thumbscrews- do we know this P/N?
    Gregory

I finally bought one of the older cap frames - the one with the green plastic on the bar in the front. All my trouble, frustration, hairpulling, etc went away! They are fast and easy to hoop with. Only thing is, you can't sew on the sides. Since I rarely do that, the older frames are perfect.

Then I bought another one, so I have two.

Juli
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Juli- you are right, in "rational" terms. I bought one of those & it didn't do much more for me than this WACF piece of ****. I mean, come on- has no one in here ever run a different brand name of "multi- single-head" machines before? I have- and, on that brand, the cap frames were much better. Better how? Better metal- better planning- lower tolerances- and on and on and on and on and on... Get it- I think Melco REALLY dropped the ball when they came up with the WACF & poor quality parts. But ranting doesn't solve my problem (sorry bout tat), I really need to know if the double-strap is better. I have to modify designs on the fly all day long, and, it is fully expected that every design is to be "fitted" to every garment- wtihin a relatively short time frame. Therefore, I gotta do this FAST- which cap frame is best for me?
      -almost forgot- I have 5 syles of caps to put all of these designs on, including a "Patrol Style" that has not only the front center (vertical) seam, it also has a horizontal one as well. Is there any one cap frame that I can use to be the most "versatile"?

[ June 08, 2010, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: gcannon ]
      Gregory

Comment

Gregory,

I have 8 of the wacf with the double strap that I dont use anymore. I did use them some when I got my XT's but as I recall you can't sew as close to the bill with them as the XT WACF. If you want to try, send me your shipping info and I will send one for you to try.

I know there are a lot of users out there that don't like the Amaya WACF's I didn't care for them at first but I have grown to like them. I have done thousands of caps with them over the past 3 years and they are still performing just fine. They are not as easy to use as the conventional frames but with practice it becomes almost as easy.

As far as the thubscrews, are you talking about the ones on the arms or the ones on the cap fixture? I have a fix for that. If someone can tell me how to post links for pics I will put some on here. Since I did the fix 2 years ago I have not had one "slide" since.

Steve
        Trinity Embroidery
        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

I am struggling with the XT hat hoop.
          It came with single band straps and the hat won't stay on the hoop while sewing.
          I'm looking at buying a couple of conventional frames but can't find them online.
          Does anyone have a source?

Thanks,
          Mike
          Action Graphics

Comment

Melco will sell them to you.
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

I didn't think they were selling accessories.
              I'll give them a try....thanks.
              Action Graphics

Comment

Melco sells machine parts and hoops are machine parts.
                [email protected]
                Jerome in Minnesota
                (320)259-1151

Comment

Yup- they just stopped the supplies part of melco mart. Parts & serv. are very much still online.
                  Gregory

Comment

Melco has the Conventional Cap Frame (CCF) for $245 on their website.

Ed
                    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

I don't know if they are available individually as of just yet, but Melco has a new WACF for 2010. This might be something to take a look at.
                      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Sounds expensive, but, I'm going to check into it.
                        I have 2 big red machines and one XT. I run hats all day long with no problem on the older machines, but, have not had one hat come off the XT worth selling. Maybe the new WACF will solve my XT delema.

Mike
                        Action Graphics

Comment

I ran 2 dozen hats today on my PR600--no problems, I do know how to hoop a hat. Tried to do one on the XT with the WACF and am pulling my air our. Ran first hat succesfully but didn't like the digitizing and change it up a little (just added an outline). Second hat I have been struggling with for more than an hour. Everytime I do a trace the hat comes off of the hoop. I even reduced the design just to see if I'd have the same problem and yup I do--can't be the stitching cause I can't even get that far. Tightened the strap up so tight I couldn't even get the hat off of the hooping device, but the hat still comes "unhooped" when I do a trace! Any ideas, I'm nearly bald!

Comment

Knehmer,

Rather than try to explain this again....here is a link to watch a video that my wife(Sharon) and Herb Acree put together to show you how to use these frames......just know that you must follow Herb's lead to the letter!!!!! There is not "my" way or "Herb's" way or anybodys way....the frame has it's way and it is unforgiving, period....

Herb does an excellent job of explaining and showing how to use this thing...

Rod Springer
                            Amaya Tech & Trainer
                            Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

the link..forgot the link
                              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
                              X