Sequin Device Headup Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sequin Device Headup Error

I was sewing a design on one of my XTs and during a color change, I heard a strange sound and the machine refused to complete the design. The AOS program said there was a "sequin device headup error." I do not own a sequin device and have never had one on any of my machines. I worked the red stop button off and back on, turned the machine off and back on,reloaded the design and then another, shut down AOS and restarted it, checked to see if any of the sequin programs were checked under tools, restarted my computer, etc. but still the machine refuses to make a single stitch. It will trace and change needles but as soon as it starts to sew, it beeps and the same error message pops up. I finished the first 10-day tech training session with Melco in Denver and even did about 30 service calls for them, before deciding I didn't like travel in the Bay Area that much, but I have never had this problem turn up. Any techs out there who have an idea what to do?
    Jimmie Jones<br />TJ\'s Designs<br />319 Howard Ave.<br />Vallejo CA 94589

Jimmie,

I do have a sequin head on one of my machines. The error is telling you that the sequin head is not being sensed as being in the full headup position and will not allow the machine to sew on another needle unless it is.

Also because you do not have a sequin head and you mentioned that you do not have the sequin option in Tools enabled.... I believe the first thing I would try is to do a complete clean uninstall of the software and then reload it after turning off all virus programs and firewalls....I won't say that the motherboard has gone kaput....yet.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thank you Rod. I will try fitst thing in the morning.

Comment

Rod, Reinstalling AOS fixed the problem. Thanks so much. So much easier on the pocketbook that having to buy a new main board.

Comment

Rod
          I have the same error on 1 of 3 machines. The other 2 work fine. When you say uninstall and install software, is that the amaya os on the pc? I bought this setup a couple years ago and everything was already loaded so i havent had to mess with anything.
          Thanks
          Rilan

Comment

I uninstalled v9 and reinstalled and still the same error on the xt
            Rilan

Comment

Working...
            X