no trimming on new XTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no trimming on new XTS

Hi there everyone! I've been out for quite a while, but exchanged my Big Red for the new XTS last October. I haven't had any time to work with it, but now I am trying to embroider some wool gabardine for a jacket. Was using fusible mesh with solvy on top as I need the fabric to remain drapeable to make a jacket. My problem is that at first the machine was missing a trim here and there, but now it does not trim at all. I removed the needle plate 3 times, made sure I cleaned everything well, removed and cleaned the trimmer assembly, oiled everything and checked to center the needle plate correctly. Still no luck. The design I am doing has a lot of trims and I'm having to stop the machine for every trim and do them by hand. Using 80/12 needle, which I just changed to a 75/11 (have not tried yet) and embroidering with Gunold Silk thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Etched In Thread
    Preserving Your Memories in Thread

Is the trimmer not functioning or is it trying to cut the thread and failing to do so?

Comment

It goes through the motion, but no cutting of either top or bobbin threads. And the same problem, no matter which needle I'm on.
      Edna
      Etched In Thread

Comment

The trimmer sys on the XTS is nothing lioke the trimmers on your previous Amaya. Did you apply the oild to the proper location on the trimmer assy?

Also, with the needle plate removed,I would first check to ensure that the trimmer is functioning properly.

Hugo
        Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Yes, Hugo, I see that the trimmer is very different. When I go through maintenance, I see the trimmer push forward then back. I did oil, then removed the assembly, cleaned, replaced and oiled again. No threads hanging anywhere. I have something like 70k stitches on the machine. I can't believe the trimmer is already not working :-( I have got to get these pieces done so I can construct the jacket. It's due Wednesday night! Is there anything else I can check?
          Thank you! Edna
          Etched In Thread

Comment

Took the assembly off again, and took a really close look at the selector and blade. There was a minute space between the two; they were not touching when they passed one another. Put slight pressure on the blade (which btw is not a "V" shape, but angled?) and now it trims again! Yippee! Now, anyone know the part # for the blade/assembly so I'm prepared for when this happens again? Thank you all! Edna
            Etched In Thread

Comment

before buying anything new, be sure to check the space between the guard and the rotary hook. I had the same problem, most annoying to put it mildly. Using the gauge in the operators kit, I adjusted the guard to have the width of the gauge just fit, with very minimal resistance, tightened the screws on the guard and has been working extremely well since.

Comment

Well, I put the machine on standby when I saw it was trimming, went to do some other things and brought it back up. It started making the clicking sound changing needles, so did the laser/up key thing and that stopped. Now it's not trimming again. Of course something like this always happens when you have a time limit, right? Where do I find the instructions for checking the space between the guard and RH? I'm only half done but this is ridiculous! Help!!! Edna
                Etched In Thread

Comment

In AOS, go into your Help section, select the Technical manual and in the Search tab, type in Hook Timing, look for Hook Timing procedure. Schroll thru the information and you will find the section on setting the support finger gap...

Rod Springer
                  Amaya Tech & Trainer
                  Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Are both of the stainless steel rod hooks in the trimmer? I had an issue with one of our XTS machines where the hook would pop out of the hole.

Also if I recall, check the far end.

If one of the hooks is not pulling on the trimmer, it won't cut.
                    Posy Lane Inc.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. They are in at the trimmer module, but I will check them in the back on Tuesday. I called tech support, the gentleman there had me delete the jobs and machines folders, but it didn't solve the problem. I'll keep y'all updated
                      Etched In Thread

Comment

Hi there; just an update on the trimmer issue. Melco sent me a new trimmer module which I received this past Tuesday. Before installing, I checked the hooks at the back just to be sure they were still in place, which they were. Installed the new trimmer, oiled, and ran a test. It missed a couple of trims at the beginning, but from then on, it didn't miss a single trim. I'm about to run several large designs this weekend for a wedding dress so will have my answer as to whether this is the final answer to the problem. Comparing the new module to the old, the old knife was quite dull. How does that even happen on a machine that, at that point, had less than 100k stitches on it? No matter, I'm a happy camper, for now
                        Etched In Thread

Comment

Our problem was the hook issue and I ended up bending a little more curl in the hook and that fixed it for good. But I appreciated Melco overnighting a new hook assembly to me before I had the problem figured out. And never asked for the old one back, so now I have a spare.
                          Posy Lane Inc.

Comment

Working...
                          X