Tie Offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie Offs

Too often I am noticing tie offs that don't appear to be happening when they should. It looks loose and if I pull slightly on the thread that is hanging, it starts to pull out of garment. It doesn't seem to matter if I have "updated locks and trims". I can look and see it should be tieing according to the stitches, so.....could this be related to thread tension or something on the machines? It does seem more predominant on one of our machines. I've also gone into maintenance setting and re-selected detect trimmer. Bobbin area is clean, trimmer lubed, new knives, selector cable,etc. Any ideas, anyone??

Forgot to mention we have amaya XT's, OS version 10

Comment

What do yourlock/trim settings show?
      Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Using Style 1 tie off, width 4, num. of sts.- tried both the default and 5, auto trim 55 pts. I tried more sts, less sts., shorter widths, distances, and so on. Did not seem to help.

Comment

At the very top of the settings window is a radio button for when to tie. What is that set to?

Comment

Tried it at only when neccesary and also on always. I can see the tie off points when I look, but they just aren't holding. It's almost as though the machine isn't recognizing them or it just isn't a good tie off.

Comment

I am having the same issues. I can see the ties but they are not always holding. changed to a different number with no success. resorted to adding a short walk before the element so it wouldn't pull out. Seems to be happening with only tie in.
              Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

I hear you Steve, I ended up doing the same thing with my tie off; added my own stitches to secure it.

Comment

What do you guys have the "inching stitch count" set to?

Rod
                  Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod,

I think they are set at 4 or 5. I didn't think of increasing a couple to see if that solved the problem. Sometimes the simple just doesn't occur to you at the moment.
                    Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Iam lost now. How to connect the inching stitch count to a tie off???

Comment

I was getting no tie offs at all. The problem I was told is because of Version 10 (the latest update available when you do it through "Check for updates.") The Melco service rep on the phone gave me a link to the most recent update they have which is not even available through the check for updates. I downloaded and installed that and now there are tie offs, but the same thing that was previously mentioned in this thread -- the tie offs are so loose that they just immediately start coming apart! The satin stitches on top (especially in lettering and columns) starts unraveling. I've had to resort to putting dabs of glue on them. I've also tried doing some walk stitches on top of the end of lettering where there's a trim, but then it's sloppy looking. Does anyone else have any suggestions on what to do? This is just ridiculous that Melco can't get the tie offs to work correctly! If you want the link to the most recent version of OS, I can post it.
                        Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

You can change the stitch length and the style of tie-ins and tie-offs. Try doing some experiments to see if, by changing, you can get a better tie-off. And, I'm not sure of this, but the presser foot height MAY contribute to the problem, so check that.
                          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

MJ .... I had a service tech that said to try and install it (version 10.00.51 I believe it is) a 2nd time without uninstalling which he claims helped some people run version 10 better particularly on windows 7. I simply went back to my previous version of 10.00.37 OS and version 9.00.101 of DS and all is good regarding tie's. Plan on staying with this until they resolve this issue as I don't have time to waste adding tie's to supposedly already tied simple lettering or columns. Don't know about anyone else, but I'd say that's a rather crucial part of a program and most definitely needs to be addressed!

Comment

Thanks to both of you for the responses! I have tried every which way to install/uninstall and nothing works. I can't even go back to my original version from my original CD because when I install that, I get error messages that the program won't run. The only version that I have that runs properly (except for the tie offs) is the one that the service tech sent me the link to. Here's the link: https://www.hightail.com/download/Ul...NmMyWGVGa2NUQw I've been experimenting with stitch lengths and tie off styles without much success. And Juli, do you mean the presser foot might be too high or too low? What were they referring to earlier in this thread about the inching stitch count? That's in AOS, correct? I'll look at that next. And yes, I think it's unbelievable that Melco has such a crucial thing not working properly.
                              Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

Working...
                              X