Bobbin Tension not Holding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbin Tension not Holding

It seems as though the tension in my bobbins don't hold for very long. I purchased new ones awhile ago thinking that would help. I can partially unwind the bobbin if it's an overfilled one, I use the nebs which are suppose to help keep tension. What is constantly causing these to change. I sometimes have to adjust it several times during one average sized design. Yes, I've used paper to clean under the spring, readjusted, checked doing the bob and drop. Could my machine settings be so far off that the tension is being pulled loose by the actual sewing itself??? Does it on auto and on standard feed. I'm so tired of constantly messing with this. Sew outs look horrible if you have thread breads or bobbin breaks constantly. Please, any ideas are welcomed!

Frankly I have changed to the magnacore bobbins and I have not had to adjust anything in over two years.
    I was using nebs but stopped using them due to them being tied to the core and causing thread breaks.
    prefer fil-tec over most
    don't use any papersided any longer dust tension and overfills the issues with them.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Do you then adjust the bobbin spring as always to the proper "drop" then leave alone? Or are you loosening the spring a bunch to let the magnetic core do its thing alone?

Comment

the spring is adjusted. I have 4 cases I use interchangeably only have to adjust if I have to use other non magnetic. But almost any setting works with the magnetic core form fill tec.

I know they are a bit more expensive but they save so much time.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

Thanks, I have a box on order to try. Hoping I like them as much as you.

Comment

Working...
          X