Chenille Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chenille Look

Does any one know how to set the design and or machine so that the end produce has the appearance of chenille. I saw a canvas bag done like this on an Amaya a while ago.

Thanks

I have never done it but I am told you create a fill with a kind of short stitch length, I am guessing around 25pts, then when you so to the AOS you have to turn off bobbin and thread break detection, turn actifeed to manual and set material thickness to 30 or more, it is something you will have to play around with to get it to work right but I have seen stuff done with that effect, if there are other element types in the design, you will have to use settings by color so you can bring the material thickness back to normal. Others might have a better explaination but this may get you started.
    Russell Silva<br />R. S. Embroidery<br />Certified Amaya Technician & Trainer<br />Attleboro, Ma<br />508-222-4433

Comment

Thanks for your detailed information. Your theory makes sense. Hopefully someone who has actually done a chenille project will respond to my request as well.

Saundra Archer

Comment

Anyone get more info on how to do this with an Amaya?

Comment

Go into "Settings" in OS, uncheck all thread protection and kick up the material thickness to 40...and drop the speed to 800 to 1000.....lower numbers on MT will give you varying looks.

Usually in design Shop, densities of around 2 will give an interesting look and give the thread some loft...experimentation with different fill patterens and densities is the key ...trying different settings will give some interesting patterns.

You will never get to the "real" chenille like you will see on the lettermen jacket numbers because of needle size, type of thread/yarn/weight, etc but you can certainly spruce up some ordinary designs this way....a woolly sheep for example...or the mane on a lion or horse, dog & cat fur....to name a few....its called "play time".....
          Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Send us a PM and I will be able to send you the setup details that we train our customer with for Fancy Stitches which includes both Embossing and Piled/Chenille type embroidery.

Cheers.

David Anderson
            David Anderson<br />Keband Australasia

Comment

Working...
            X