cool effect Design Shop Pro+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool effect Design Shop Pro+

The folks who trained me pointed out the versatility of the "Change Element Type" feature available in the project pane. I found out a really cool visual effect that I wanted to share.

Under the custom shape button are "sign language" shapes. If you place one in the design then right click on it in the project window, you can select "Change Element Type". Change the type to "Walk Normal Stitch", and choose "Replace" (it will create more than one walk stitch object). Now right click again on the top walk stitch object and again choose "Change Element Type". This time change the type to "Complex Fill" and choose "Add".

Drag all the complex fills (it will create one fill for each of the walk stitch objects) to the top of that figure leaving all the walk stitches together below. Put a color change between the two groups, and it has a really cool "highlighting" effect of the fingers. I did have to add a finger highlight on one of the signs so it isn't perfect, but the effect is cool. (I put it on a cap. It's the first design that a stranger complimented - kind of an ego builder!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

I hope this is the appropriate area on the site to post this sort of thing.

Dennis

Dennis,

Well alright Dennis.....good job....a new way of doing something...shows you are thinking....DS Pro+ has so much stuff and ways to do things, it is unbelieveable at times....

I tried it and it does give some neat visual effects...Yes I would say any new ways of doing things in DS as well as talking about machine issues would be and is welcome on the group. I am curious to know just how many Amaya folks are trying to figure out just what and how you are doing this. I had to think about it a bit myself....got it tho.

Uuuuuuhhh.....would the Ducks be interested to know that you are portraying them by using a "rubber duckie"?

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
    X