Chenille Letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chenille Letters

Has anyone done any Chenille letters on the XT? I was told you can. I want to do letter jackets like an applique. I have ordered an XT and it should be here in a few days. I am sure I will have many questions about everything.
    Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

No you can not,Sorry. You would need a Chenille machine to make the lettering like on a letterman jacket.

You can purchase the lettering and a stitch file and applique them on the XT.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

You can do a "faux" chenille with an XT, using a special thread from Madera called Burmilana. Contact your Melco trainer for a sample design. I like the technique.
      Jimmie Jones<br />TJ\'s Designs<br />319 Howard Ave.<br />Vallejo CA 94589

Comment

I will check into that thanks for your input.

Comment

Melco used to make Chenille machines but discontinued them about 10 years ago. They didn't sell many of them so they are hard to find. If you plan on doing a lot of Chenille lettering, you may want to look into the Tajima TCMX-601 Chenille only or TCMX-61202 Mixed Chenille Machine

Comment

I am not sure if the profit will out weigh the investment I just was told by the sales person when I purchased my XT that I could do chenille type embroidery. Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

I have the instructions and files if you want to email me off [email protected]

Dorothy
              Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

What your salesperson meant is that you can create a chenille look using embroidery thread. Normal chenille work uses yarn.
                  What you will create are loops of thread that are closely together giving you a very unique look that no other standard embroidery machine can achieve simple due to the fact that they cannot "push" the thread to the fabric like the Amaya can.
                  If you use the "Bermuda Triangle" (whatever the name) thread like others suggested, then your final work will look much better as opposed to using the thin embroidery thread which will give you a look like Paw Paw's thinning hair.
                  Essentially, you turn off the thread break and bobbin break detection and turn your auto thread feed to "standard" and raise it's value to something like 35 or 40. You will also want to shorten your stitch length to something like 20 pts.
                  Play around with it and have some fun. Let us know if you actually make some money with it, though.

Ed
                  -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

I will give that a try thank you so much

Comment

Working...
                    X