For those new to digitizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those new to digitizing

For those of you who are new to embroidery and digitizing and want/need to learn more, there is a special running now at: http://www.embroidery.com/product.as...115008&EFID=84

Make sure you get both lines above. Sounds like a good deal.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Thank you Juli - I think this is what I've been looking for....
    Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Hummmm....

Any info is always helpful when it relates to learning about digitizing, but the one thing in this advertisement I did pick up on was that she did say in the video.....at the end of the video that is .... "This book WILL NOT teach you HOW to digitize". So it will only show you how important it is to have good digitizing skills....I could have sold you that tidbit for $39.95 and saved you 10 bucks....

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod Your right this will not show you HOW TO digitize in any software.

HOWEVER if you have little or no Idea what a good design is. It is a very good resource.
        I know a lot of folks that embroider and have no clue as to why a design sews well and another does not.

This is not a tell all book about digitizing but a very good NEED TO KNOW resource.

and at $40.00 bucks it is cheaper then having you come in our homes or business and relay the same information. If not and you would come buy and teach for that or less I will have you in in a heart beat. LOL

Have a great weekend
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

Well, Rod, yes it did say that it wouldn't teach you how to digitize. I interpreted that to mean that it will not teach you what button to push on your particular program - it is not program specific. For someone who knows next to nothing about digitizing and what makes a design sew out beautifully or what can make it a nightmare, I think a book like this is a good start. I think we can all agree that it takes a lot of time to become a good digitizer. But one must start somewhere. And there have been people on this list who have been asking about where they can learn to digitize. We have the program, DS, with all its videos and help files, but that does NOT teach you HOW to become a good digitizer, just what buttons to push. You can go to the Melco digitizing class, but you had better know something about the subject first or you can become lost.

Will you become a good digitizer after absorbing all the info in this book. No, but, undoubtedly, you will know a lot more than you did before. And when one is starting from practically zero, every little bit counts.

For instance - pathing. I can practically path in my sleep - now. But before, when I was learning, it was difficult. When I look at my first designs, I am amazed. All the mistakes I made, but had no idea at the time.

It is a start. And for not very mush money.

Just my 2 cents.

Juli in Kona

Comment

Well I did say that "any information" at the start may be helpful....and being a bit on the facetious side this morning, I couldn't resist.

I can say this....early on Sharon and I were searching for digitizing training, we went to Denver....gosh, that taught me how to turn on th e computer and open up the DS program, what a complex fill and satin stitch was and what icons to push, but NOT how to digitize....just as Juli said...

We bought books and programs and went to the seminars at the Long Beach ISS show and to be fair...did pick up on a few tidbits of info, here and there.....went to the "Advanced" digitizing Melco and it was there that the truth was finally put to me in a way that I could understand, when I was asking some technical questions, I was told that those specific answers could ONLY be aquired from "paying your dues" Mr Springer

Did'nt like it at the time..fuzzed up the hair on my neck, but unfortunately it was true....

Knew I would pull some chains....

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Digitize training for me was two days in '92 at Atlanta.
              When I got home I knew everything that was taught to me in school, ALMOST NOTHING.
              You just have to learn for yourself. And that is doing it almost everyday for years to get good.
              Digitize, sew, digitize, sew, digitize and sew is the only way one will ever get fair to good at it.
              What looks good on the computer never will look the same sewed out until you have the hours behind you.
              On a scale of 1-10 I'm about a 7 or 8.
              Animals and etc. I send out. For 95% of business logos I do myself.

Comment

That's a Bingo, Wayne.....

Rod

Comment

And I can't argue with that either.

Juli

Comment

I learned to digitize in 3 ways. 1st-I ran a lot of bad designs as ONLY an operator & watchhing these designs run taught me what NOT to do. 2nd-I started with DS Pro+ (very "tricked-out" program) & the video tutorial that came with the software. And 3rd, (most importantly), when I came (or come) across a bad design or one that stitches poorly, I correct what needs to be corrected to make the design run/look better. In other words, I'm pretty sure I've taught myself. But I never stop looking for newer/better ways. Keep in mind that when I started in (Schiffli) embroidery, you had to "punch" the design stitch by stitch and function by function, so all these bells and whistles are still very much appreciated by me.
                    Gregory

Comment

To ease the pain during the learning curve, I would like to send out for quality digitizing. Any recommendations?

Comment

I would like to find someone who would be willing to critique my designs and tell me what I may have done wrong and how to right it for alittle extra income on their part. A casual schedule of "teaching" so to speak. I've come a long way since I started, but know I still have a long way to go to get those "wow" designs. My job entails reproducing company logo's for the most part. Any takers out there?

Comment

I do not profess to be a master, But I would be happy to help out if you would like.
                          Been digitizing for some 18years and have picked up a thing or two.
                          Jerome
                          [email protected]
                          Jerome in Minnesota
                          (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
                          X