Knit Beanie Hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knit Beanie Hats

I am working on a contract job. It is a job another embroiderer had but did not do it in a months time, so he was able to get the file and send to me.
    I looked at it and it looked ok.

It is letters that have an outline. When stitching on the beanie cap, the outlines do not match up.
    I Used my Magic hoop and then went to my fast frame. The material is stable, with solvy on top. It is not shifting.

I converted the file so I could look at the parts and there are satin and fill stitches in the letters.
    It think it is poorly digitized! I have already done 5 hats, and do not want to ruin anymore, especially since it is not a high $$ dollar job, being contract.

Any suggestions. I need this to be done yesterday!

Thank you,
    Pam Pittman<br />Cross Thread Embroidery

Because you are putting the design on knit beanies there is going to be quite a bit of push/pull going on. Unless the design was digitized specifically for this type of material, you will have to edit the outline to compensate for the pull comp of the lettering fill. I would recommend you find a similar type of fabric, an old beanie,etc. and work with sew outs on that until you can get it correct. I would also recommend you contact the person contracting you, to inform them you have to redo the design for sewing purposes and charge them for the time you spend. It is only right.

Cindy

Comment

Thank you Cindy. I sent the design out to a digitizer. I got it back it and is great but they put in a fill stitch instead of the satin. I am asking them to do a satin on top of the fill and i hope that will work.
      The design was poorly digitized I am sure because this one stitched out much better.
      I just wish I knew how to understand the Design Pro+ program that I have.

Thank you for your help!!!

Comment

I sew a lot of knit beanies and they are a pain but you can make them look really nice if you follow my method.

1. Do not hoop really tight. Just enough tension to hold it in place without stretching it.
        2. Use Tearaway on the back and Solvy on top.
        3. Material thickness from 9 to 16 depending on the beanie thickness. Lower limit at 6 to 8.
        4. The design should look too fat on the computer. The Pull Comp needs to be about 125% unless the design was designed for knit beanies.
        5. If you are sewing a wide satin stitch it will need a Fill underlay as well as a normal walking stitch.

Solvy will allow you to use a higher Density and keep the design from pulling really bad. Stretchy material of any kind is all about Design, Hooping and Stabilization. Just a different animal all together from the norm.
        Chris & Cindy

Comment

Thank you for the information. I really do not know how to digitize even though I have the tools. Every time I edit, the stitches disappear. The design Pro+ has been very difficult to use. Thank you for your feedback though.

Comment

Working...
          X