Promotional Item Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotional Item Pricing

Can someone out there who is familiar with promotional item pricing share what the CODES stand for...

I was told today that Setup was on a V and the items I was ordering were on an R.

What's that translate into percentage wise?
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Sure!

On an A/P means you pay 50% of retail cost
    On a B/Q means you pay 55% of retail cost
    On a C/R means you pay 60% of retail cost
    On a D/S means you pay 65% of retail cost
    On an E/T means you pay 70% of retail cost
    On an F/U means you pay 75% of retail cost
    On a G/V means you pay 80% of retail cost
    Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Comment

Nice work Janet - thanks!
      John Yaglenski
      Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

and to confuse you further (and I think I've sent you the information a long time ago-or sent it to someone?)
        if you see 2AB2C or a combination like that...it means the 'first 2 price breaks are A discount, next column is B, next 2 are C, or it could be 2PQ2R or any combination.
        Sometimes the coding will be hidden on the page...if not in plain site, they hide it after the 'freight' charges. Some companies will have their entire catalog on an A or P, so it may be at the bottom of one page or all of them. We print out a label for every catalog that we have in the office with our account number, the company' s 'ordering process' (fax or email, what files, etc.) and the pricing code so I can tell instantly what I'm working with when I quote a customer. Usually any 'additional' charges, like extra color imprint, back side, artwork, screen, setup-will almost always be a G or V...so don't ever quote a price for teeshirts (for example) that are on a P code for ONE COLOR ONE IMPRINT and add the extra 4 colors the customer wants and think it is still P code! You'll lose money every time.

Comment

Thanks Roland. I actually just found a good article on this I thought I would share for those looking to better understand promotional pricing...

Demystifying Promotional Products Pricing

http://www.madetomeasuremag.com/feat...s_pricing.html
          John Yaglenski
          Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

Since my brain cells are old and fried, I have typed up a large print (1" letters) chart and have it hanging in the corner of the office, behind a monitor where customers can't see it.
            All it has is:
            A/P 50
            B/Q 45
            and so one to G.
            So I can look up at it and they don't see me figuring the discount in my head. Remember-YOU as an independant can play with the prices anyway you want-discount them, jack them up, whatever-but the SUPPLIER will NOT bend from their codes. If you screw up and underquote a price-they aren't going to help you out. So always double check for 'hidden' charges! I have found 'hidden' charges on ceramic coffee mugs, for example-up to $10 PER CASE for 'special' packing materials. It's bogus...one company listed it as 'UPS APPROVED SPECIAL PACKING' and I called UPS when the cases were the original-shipped from the Orient-cardboard box. Nope, NOT UPS authorized...so THAT company did'nt get full payment, OR any further orders from us.
            Always call the sales rep and go over your order item by item...will make you money in the end. You may also find out about 'unpublished' special pricing for limited time period, particular items, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by signman View Post
              Since my brain cells are old and fried, I have typed up a large print (1" letters) chart and have it hanging in the corner of the office, behind a monitor where customers can't see it.
              All it has is:
              A/P 50
              B/Q 45
              and so one to G.
              So I can look up at it and they don't see me figuring the discount in my head. Remember-YOU as an independant can play with the prices anyway you want-discount them, jack them up, whatever-but the SUPPLIER will NOT bend from their codes. If you screw up and underquote a price-they aren't going to help you out. So always double check for 'hidden' charges! I have found 'hidden' charges on ceramic coffee mugs, for example-up to $10 PER CASE for 'special' packing materials. It's bogus...one company listed it as 'UPS APPROVED SPECIAL PACKING' and I called UPS when the cases were the original-shipped from the Orient-cardboard box. Nope, NOT UPS authorized...so THAT company did'nt get full payment, OR any further orders from us.
              Always call the sales rep and go over your order item by item...will make you money in the end. You may also find out about 'unpublished' special pricing for limited time period, particular items, etc.
              By Jenni McLaughlin Have you ever seen something like A2BC underneath prices in a promotional products catalog and wondered what it meant? If you answered yes, youre not alone. In todays market, more entrepreneurs are jumping into the promotional products industry to get a piece of the $16.5 billion dollar pie. According to Allan Fowler, […]

Updated link to article I mentioned - needed to find it today
              John Yaglenski
              Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

Working...
              X