Addendum to previous post about False bobbin breaks, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addendum to previous post about False bobbin breaks, etc

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am a newbie to machine embroidery; also new to these discussion boards. Today was a stressful day on the XT for me. The design I am stitching goes from a wide fill type font to a very thin/small font (same color all the way through) and I have had nothing but problems with it. Since I started stitching I have not had this many problems with any given design other than maybe my first project ever on the machine. Constant false bobbin breaks, constant needle unthreading and threadbreaks. I had some help earlier from a couple people (thank you!) and I did the things they recommended but the stitch would only run smooth for 2 or 3 shirts then bam it starts to happen again. The unthreading usually happens after a trim. Does anyone have any further advice or has anyone had a similar problem with False bobbin breaks? I changed bobbins, cases, needles, changed my needle angle (because it was overly angled). My previous post was titled something like Help with false bobbin breaks and needle unthreading earlier today, but I am still dumbfounded as to why I did all the things recommended earlier and it worked for 2-3 shirts then started again. I make a few adjustments again, then it starts again after 2. Over and Over! So any info for the new guy would be nice, thank you all.
    Michael Iarocci
    The Max Screen Printing & Embroidery
    759 Lakeshore Blvd.
    Painesville, OH 44077
    [email protected]
    Work: 440-357-0036
    Mobile: 440-862-3068

I feel your pain! Been there many a time. Seems as though each machine has its own particular numbers for the settings that work best, so a lot of trial and error happens. Perhaps try setting the lower limit higher than 2 as recommended. I have a machine that I need to set at 3 in order to make it run without false bobbin breaks, thread breaks, etc. If I set my bobbin drop to the 2-4" I actually need to set it up to 4. However, if this didn't start happening until this design, perhaps it's the design itself. Your narrow columns may indeed be too narrow with too much density applied. Have you watched to see if the problems arises at the same places in the design? Did you create this font from the fonts in design shop? What level DS do you have? You might also try going into Amaya OS to Tools/Settings/ and look for "column width adjustment" and either set the minimum to 10 (I've used as little as 7) or go into advanced and select column 1. This will help your narrow columns to stay a bit wider. This is something you want to set up anyway as a good idea. Also try sewing this using a different needle and thread color and see if it continues to create trouble. That will help determine if its a machine issue or design issue. Check your needle for burs or rough spots which will cause thread breaks, and be sure needle is in with the crevice facing forward towards you. Good Luck

Comment

First of all, thank you for the reply!

The problem does occur at or around the same place in the design. We did not digitize this design here at the shop we sent it out. I think you may be right about the columns. We were trying to up the column density because the white bobbin thread was coming through and showing in the tiny lettering. If the problem continues I'm going to do exactly what you said with the lower limit and then change the settings in the OS. We'll see how it goes and I'll keep you posted, thanks again.
      Michael Iarocci
      The Max Screen Printing & Embroidery
      759 Lakeshore Blvd.
      Painesville, OH 44077
      [email protected]
      Work: 440-357-0036
      Mobile: 440-862-3068

Comment

Working...
      X