pulling my hair out with these thread breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulling my hair out with these thread breaks

So I am sewing out a design that is the same design and color, needle, material, everything exactly the same. It sewed out 2 times perfectly with no issues at all. This 3rd time is a complete nightmare. After about a third of the design is sewn (all one color design), thread breaking constantly. It is an interlocking monogram on a pillow sham, rather large (5"). if I take it off the machine and run it on a scrap piece of backing it sews fine. I have changed out the needle, changed the speed, changed the material thickness (even though it sewed fine before), and nothing is working. I don't understand what could be wrong. It seems as if it sews fine with the underlay running stitch but as soon as it starts to fill it breaks every couple of stitches. Any help would be great!

This kind of thing usually turns out to be something simple, but I feel your pain. Here are some things that I have found with this problem. Make sure that your needle is in with the scarf facing towards the back. Check your thread path and make sure that the thread is passing through/around all the proper places. Make sure that the thread is aligned with the little notch where it comes out from under the feed roller. Check your cone or spool to be sure it isn't binding up there. Pull out your bobbin and clean it and check the tension.

Comment

Working...
    X