Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clicking noise when needlecase moves....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking noise when needlecase moves....

Good Morning all!
    Having an issue with one of my machines. There is a clicking noise when the needlecase moves. In the past I have been able to correct this with a method I was told to use by Melco tech. Under maintenance, steppers, cycle through each needle and click "home" in the last column. I did this as I normally would, but there is one needle that continues to click. I have repeated the procedure twice with no luck... any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
    Thank you in advance...
    LuAnn
    LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

You should lift the pinch roller on that needle, remove the face plate over the inner threadfeed roller and then remove the threadfeed roller. Check for thread buildup down inside of the roller pocket. Clean the pocket area and re-lubricate the hubs....it could be it is just a lubrication issue and the roller is dragging. The inner threadfeed drive gear in this pocket may be broken, so check to see if it turns true on the shaft and does not wobble side to side as it rotates...you can do this manually if it is selected as the active needle or depressing and holding in the little red locking tab on the reverse side of the needlecase.

You also need to check the condition of the main threadfeed drive gear, located inside of the right clam shell pod behind the needlecase to see if it is in good condition and not fractured around its hub area.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod...

Thank you . I will give that a try

Comment

Rod...

After speaking with tech in Denver it was determined that the tread feed gear is broken. The parts were over nighted to me. There are no instructions on how to replace the gear and I am not able to reach anyone at Melco. Are there written instructions for this that I have access to them?
        Thank you
        LuAnn

Comment

Have you had the right or left black with the yellow triangles off?

Comment

monogramsbylaura, please explain? I'm afraid I don't understand the question?

Comment

Here
              1. Color change to needle 1.

2. Turn the machine OFF.

3. Remove the right color change cover.

4. Use a pair of small ring spreader pliers and remove the retaining ring.

4. Remove the thread feeder gear and washer.

5. Install a replacement gear and washer, aligning the teeth of the gear to the drive gear on the thread feeder motor.

6. Install the retaining ring in the groove on the gear shaft.

7. Reinstall the right color change cover.
              Attached Files
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Back up and running! Thank you everyone. Rod, I appreciate your time on the phone yesterday.
                LuAnn

Comment

Working...
                X