Amaya OS v10 won't start after update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya OS v10 won't start after update

We've had to re-install our Amaya software after our little workhorse finally broke down. Doing so has proven a bit troublesome however. Currently I've got a Windows XP computer freshly done with all Window's updates (and nothing else installed).

First I installed the dongle's drivers (first step when the installation CD activates), then updated to the latest Sentinel drivers. Rebooting each time.

Then I installed the software, I now get a single error when installing the Amaya OS saying it can't find the network (which is fine as it continues anyway). Everything continues to install fine, and after reboot, I can start Design Shop Pro+, ENS, and the Amaya OSv10.

Now I had OSv10 check for updates, install those (only 5 minutes worth). Started it back up and is still fine (haven't gotten to connecting the machines). Then I run the "establish amaya network compatibility" as requested, and OSv10 will not start. Trying to run it just gives me an hourglass next to the mouse and makes "explorer.exe" use a lot more memory. It can sit like this for a long time, though I can end the process and restart it to get things going again.

My guess is the "establish amaya network compatibility" has been the culprit on the other 3 machines I've tried installing this software on, as I did noticed it worked if I had NOT run that shortcut. For reference, the 1st machine I tried this with, I DID have the machines hooked when running this.

So is there a way to reverse this process? Something in the registry that get's removed? Or am I totally missing what's messing me up? Any and all help appreciated!

I just went thru same thing, replace hard drive windows xp. I couldn't even get os v7 to run, kept getting network error. Turned out my recovery disk did nt have drivers for network card. Contacted mfg, downloaded drivers, installed them. Then removed the os & DS software, then reinstalled & everything is good now. I have found in past the best practice is to make sure the Amaya software must be the last software installed or it gets flaky over time.

Comment

Checked my network card drivers, there were good.

The problem I'm seeing is I can still start Design Shop etc, but not OSv10. If I reinstall just the OSv10, then it works and starts up, but doesn't have all the features as it did before the crash(still says Flex up top), such as some thread feed tension options. It refuses to open whenever I do the updates now, though it would open with the updates before applying the "establish amaya network compatibility".

Comment

Call Melco software support. There is a specific process to uninstalling & yes you have to edit the Regedit. Don't know that my process would work for v10 since I'm using v7. Also I always uninstall both os & DS before reinstalling.

Comment

Working...
        X