Software issue vs. machine issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software issue vs. machine issue?

I'm doing a run of hats with 3D embroidery where the letters are outlined in a contrasting color which obviously sews first. I've sewn 20+ today with no issues at all (same hat style, same design). The top stitching/foam is now "off" by 1/4" or more (not lining up with the outline). I'm working with the "settings by color" in DS v9. I have the outline stitch at 850 speed on auto actifeed (as I've done for dozens of hats). I noticed while sewing it is reading negative numbers for the actifeed ranging from -7 to -10 but it is sewing fine on the hat. In "Settings by Color" the autofeed lower limit keeps defaulting to -10 and the upper limit keeps defaulting to -1 no matter what I apply to the settings. Also, Once I put the foam down, I run it at an actifeed of 22 (standard). I've scrapped out 3 hats now but on the most recent one, although it was set on 22 in the settings, it kept diverting to an actifeed of 6 on the foam (even when I manually kept trying to change it back to 22). I just attempted to sew the design on a flat surface in a standard hoop. I have the same issue - the outline and the top/foam stitches are "off" by 1/4 - 1/2" and the actifeed is doing the same thing as above. I'm not sure if the registration issue and the software actifeed issue are related but they both started on the same hat. I have an 2007 Amaya XT, Windows 7, DS v. 9. I've restarted the computer 3 times and re-sent the design over 4-5 times. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

I hope someone can answer your question as I had the same issue with my settings changing to whatever "it" wanted, whenever "it" wanted. Drove me crazy. We finally ended up getting OS version 10 (9 was the version that was giving us fits. We were finally told that version 9 did appear to have several issues going on and since we had recently upgraded to 9 they were nice enough to give us version 10 to replace it.) Things are much improved. now.

Comment

Thanks for your input. I'm not a fan of v. 9 - it has alot of issues (more than the previous version, it seems). We are getting ready to make the upgrade ourselves! Your feedback has helped confirm that decision.

Comment

Working...
      X