What if you lose a dongle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if you lose a dongle?

Do you have to buy the software all over again?
    Posy Lane Inc.

Definitely going to want to call Melco on this. I know from time to time dongles go bad but they would usually require you sending it back. As they come pre activated, and don't phone home to Melco - I think there isn't any way for them to deactivate your old key - which means someone else could potentially use it or resell it.

Honestly, not sure what the policy is but you are best calling customer service and asking them.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I confirmed with Melco that if you lose a dongle, the software is gone. I found the Melco software ok but I am not married to it. I am going to look around at options.
      Posy Lane Inc.

Comment

Losing dongle

Originally posted by Posylane View Post
        I confirmed with Melco that if you lose a dongle, the software is gone. I found the Melco software ok but I am not married to it. I am going to look around at options.

I believe Generations will replace the dongle if you pay $299 extra at the same time you purchase the software. You cannot buy it at a later date. You might want to check into that one. But no software is cheap!

Comment

Since you lost the dongle could you contact your homeowners or business owners insurance and see if they would replace it? I would check. You never can tell. Sorry you are having to go thru this.
          Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

If you are still needing the dongle, please call 321-576-2793 or email me at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X