Not stiching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not stiching

Could anyone tell me is there anything else to do other than what is in the manuel to do. I was working on the same design after 6 of them stitches just started skipping and machine gave thread break, when there was none.
    Please Help
    Johanna

Not knowing if you are stitching on the same fabric, check your presser foot height and also raise your pinch roller and make sure your thread is inside the little black "V" notch. Have you changed any settings? Is your tension good on your bobbin? Follow the thread path and make sure it is clear. Check under your leaf spring on the bobbin case by slipping the corner of a piece of typing paper under it and be sure a tiny piece of lint or wax build-up isn't there. Just a few ideas...
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thank you for all those steps,and to those the answer is yes I had been doing the very same design on the very same item, I am a quilter and sewer as well so here is what I was doing. I was doing and ITH applique I had done 6 of the same design and the thread break kept coming up but it had continued on the 6th but stitches were skipping. We had done everything we could in the Manuel but now we are at no stitching at all.
      Johanna

Comment

Check your hook timing.
        Sharon
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

check your thread on the cones, too. Once in a great while it catches and that causes problems. maybe timing issue?? Kind of sounds like that. Have you had the machine serviced lately?

Comment

Do you use spray adhesive? If so, build-up in the bobbin area can cause this very problem. Doing a hook wash with WD40 may help. I take off the cover plate, remove the bobbin case, spray the hook basket area with plenty of WD40, cover the whole area with a plastic bag (this keeps the WD40 from splattering out in all directions), and then with an unthreaded needle stitch right through the bag at maximum speed for a few minutes. When you're done, wipe everything down and oil the knife and hook as directed by the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Mama Kass View Post
              Do you use spray adhesive? If so, build-up in the bobbin area can cause this very problem. Doing a hook wash with WD40 may help. I take off the cover plate, remove the bobbin case, spray the hook basket area with plenty of WD40, cover the whole area with a plastic bag (this keeps the WD40 from splattering out in all directions), and then with an unthreaded needle stitch right through the bag at maximum speed for a few minutes. When you're done, wipe everything down and oil the knife and hook as directed by the manual.
              Well I have read all you very good suggestions and we have taken all those steps. We have even talked over the phone to Greenwing and have gone step by step. And to Mama Kass,that tip is one very good one. But I used that spray and even the sticky stabilizer never again, I use glue stick only in the non sewing area works great that is my tip. Now I guess it is time to shell out some money to get a tech. Next step to post for a tech in the Las Vegas area. Thank you to all with you help.
              Johanna

Comment

Working...
              X