Terrible noise when using hat hoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible noise when using hat hoop

When I use the hat hoop. but not when I use a flat hoop, there is a terrible rubbing screeching noise when the sewing from side to side (x axis) only. It is fine moving back and forth (y axis). And this happens on both of my hat hoops. What could be cauising this. nothing is obvious to me or my husband.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Does your cap driver move freely when not on the machine?
    holding the center mount can you slide the mounting bar side to side with ease?
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

You can check this by just removing the set screws and manually moving the bar.
      did your new screws slip without the Large head and allow the mount to drop?
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

Julie,

It sounds like your x cable needs to be tightened.
        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

By the way, if you don't want to tighten them your self you can fly me over and I will do it for you. LOL I have the gauge to measure them. Not trying to take work away from a Tech but a trip to Hawaii would be nice.
          Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Thank you all! My problem is solved. When I think about it, the terrible noise was starting just before the screw broke. I thought I had tighten the new screw tight enough, but when I tightened it more the noise went away. So glad this is solved because I have a customer that has a puff foam 3D design. He started out ordering 2, then got up to 4 for each order. Now he is up to 10 at a time. I make good money with this design, but I had to sit there with my finger on the stop button. Now I can walk away to hoop the next hat. What a relief this all is!

Juli in Kona

PS Sorry, you'll have to pay your own way to Hawaii, BUT if any tech happens to be vacationing in Hawaii, you can come and service up my machine for pay.
            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
            X