Amaya XTS Beeps constantly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya XTS Beeps constantly

Turn power on the machine and it beeps constantly and does nothing else. Any idea where I should start looking first?
    Rick Booker
    BFC-Creations.com
    Melco EMT 16X

Is the red emergency stop button pushed in?
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

no it is not. In fact the emergency stop button doesn't stop the beeping either.

Originally posted by Wishes View Post
      Is the red emergency stop button pushed in?
      Rick Booker
      BFC-Creations.com
      Melco EMT 16X

Comment

Could you have put your machine to sleep before you turned it off? Try holding down the stop button for 10 seconds or so; then try the start button. If it doesn't start immediately, hold it down for 10 seconds. By they way, Rod Springer tells me that you can wreak havoc with your mother board if you turn the machine off in sleep mode, so everyone, beware!

In OS find your keypad test and make sure your keypad is working. Also, is your green light on continuously or is it flashing?

Comment

Hi Mama Kass!

Just a note of clarification. Maybe what Rod said was misunderstood. It won't wreak havoc if you turn your machine off in sleep mode. What he probably said was to check your Emergency Stop Button and be sure it is not engaged when turning on your machine. If it is, you will hear beeping. If that happens, turn your machine off again BEFORE unengaging the Emergency Stop Button or that could cause a power surge to the motherboard and wreak havoc. Turn machine off, unengaged Emergency Stop Button then turn machine back on.

Sharon
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thanks, Sharon. That's good to know; it's so easy to bump that emergency stop button without realizing it. I obviously misunderstood.

Comment

Working...
            X