Machine won't fully come on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine won't fully come on

In mid January my Amaya XT would not come on. However, if we turned it on and left it for a good while (maybe 30 minutes or so), it would eventually come on.

Technician came, there were some other problems, but the diagnosis was that the cause for the machine not coming on immediately was need for a new control board. One was ordered. However, we left the machine on, and everything sewed fine. Absolutely no problems, so we decided to send the control board back.

This morning, the city came to replace the electric transformer to our place, and the power was off longer than the power supply would keep it going. When we cut the machine back on, it has not come on in the last 5 hours. Lights on the control board come on, and there is a humming, but it will not actually start with the green light coming onto the control panel and the machine's going through its first movements.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to buy a control board if there is anyway I can avoid it.
    Bill

Is the emergency stop button pressed in?
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post
      Is the emergency stop button pressed in?
      Sharon
      Thanks for your response, but NO.
      Bill

Comment

Is it possible it thinks it's in "sleep" mode? Have you tried pressing the green "start" button and holding it for five or ten seconds to see if it "wakes up"?

Comment

Bill,

There appears to be a clue as to what the issue may be related to in your statement.....Quote..( and the power was off longer than the power supply would keep it going)..... Power supply? You mean battery back-up? If this is so, is the battery back-up possibly malfunctioning? Is the battery in this system holding a charge, able to recharge, etc, etc..

I would remove the battery backup system as a process of elimination and see if the machine will come on line and work properly with a direct source of power from the wall plug for a check...

Rod Springer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post
            Bill,

There appears to be a clue as to what the issue may be related to in your statement.....Quote..( and the power was off longer than the power supply would keep it going)..... Power supply? You mean battery back-up? If this is so, is the battery back-up possibly malfunctioning? Is the battery in this system holding a charge, able to recharge, etc, etc..

I would remove the battery backup system as a process of elimination and see if the machine will come on line and work properly with a direct source of power from the wall plug for a check...

Rod Springer
            Again, guys, let me express my appreciation for all of your input. I'm very grateful.

I have tried all of the suggestions so far. We're still at the same standstill.
            Bill

Comment

This morning, in preparation for making a call to a tech, I took the top cover off the control board, unplugging the fan. When I did, the machine initialized. I then replugged the fan, secured the cover, and all is fine for now. Not sure of the mystery--maybe there's a loose connection somewhere.

Again thanks. Bill
              Bill

Comment

I was hoping you would have come across a reason for your issue,
                a few months ago I had the same thing happen.
                we took everything apart replaced the main board checked every wire connection and did a complete reset to original factory settings.
                Nothing helped.
                then changed the mother board back to the original still nothing.
                finally removed os reinstalled nothing.

Finally after two weeks was about to go through the wiring again started the os then the machine and all was normal.

I have no idea what was up

had myself & to other techs working with me no one knows what it was..

I did not chime in because I had no clue.

glad your up and running..

hope we both stay that way...
                [email protected]
                Jerome in Minnesota
                (320)259-1151

Comment

Wow! How interesting. Glad I did not invest in the board.

If you ever come up with a solution, be sure to let me know. I am just thankful that it is running now, and I do not intend to cut it off.
                  Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X