Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Mighty Hoops for short sleeves

Dear List,
    I am looking to see if anyone has used the Mighty Hoops for short sleeves on a polo. I may be doing a large number of them and want to find a faster way than a clamp system or the 15cm. round. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Yes we have.

Now I would not say it is faster then a clamp sys.

Better yes it holds better it is easier to line up, it is safer then the clamp system (ask many folks on here that have done a trace without making sure the clamp is closed< big bucks > )
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Thanks Jerome. I have the yellow clamp system but it is time consuming and I would like this to go quicker. We have tried the 15cm with a hooping device and that seems to be the fastest. I may stitch with the original plan.
      Stay warm
      Margaret
      Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I find that the yellow clamping system is the ultimate solution to "close to the edge" designs. Using the smallest frame possible, figure out the center of where the design is going on the sleeve and mark it. Now hold the backing against the sleeve and carefully slip it in until the edge of the sleeve (I use the sew line as a guide) is lined up with the furthest edge of the clamp and your center mark is matching the center mark on the clamp and close the clamp. I make sure all edges are clamped. Position the center of the design to sew near the edge but missong the edge. Because the hoop has no height, you can get the needle closer to the back edge the a regular hoop. Once set, you won't have to reset again. Changig shirts is very fast. While one shirt is sewing, lline up the backing on the next shirt. I sit at my machine, and take out the finished shirt onto my lap, grab the next shirt at the edge of the sleeve, making sure the backing is lined up with the edge and slip it in.

Believe me, after doing 10 shirts, this will become a very fast proceedure. You can get a design closer to the edge with a clamp with the lineup perfect every time than you can with a regular hoop. Call me if you want to talk. 808-325-5768

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
        X