How to Reformat an .ofm design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Reformat an .ofm design

I am sewing out a design that was digitized as an .ofm design to be stitched on an older AMAYA. My XT will stitch out the .ofm, but I want to reformat it so I can edit it. Does anyone know how to do that? I've tried bringing the .ofm design into Embird and Wilcom with no luck.

If you have Design Shop, it will edit nicely in there. I'm not familiar with either Embird or Wilcom. When I bring non-.ofm files into Design shop, I have to select an area to modify, then change it to wire frame so it puts in editable points. Is there something similar on Embird or Wilcom?

Comment

It depends on what version of DS that you have. The higher level versions have a feature that allows you to break up the design. Right click on the area in the project window that you want to break up. There should be a menu window that appears and has operations. When you open operations there is convert object to wire frame. If that isn't grayed out you can break the design into various stitches. You may not have the level of software that does this but then again you might. I would only put things into wireframe that you want to edit, not the complete design. If you change dst, pes, hus or other formats it may not convert smoothly. Always run samples after using this process.
      Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

It sounds like you do not own the Native Designshop software.
        It is the only program the can edit OFM files.
        You can ask someone to save it as an expended file but it will not be easy to edit.
        If the file is not a copy written design I would happy to convert it to the file of your choice. However it shill may be a pain the edit, But if you want to try.
        let me know.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
        X