No announcement yet.

OS slowing as day continues on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got thinking that perhaps a Mac would work better with the new versions of OS and DS better than Windows since they are great for art and graphics. I just sent an e-mail to the techs at Melco to see if they did any testing of different operating systems to see if there is any difference on how their programs run with each system.

Comment

When I reinstall my old version from my CD (it's like 10.001), OS doesn't work. Then when I update it to the latest version, I don't get tie-offs! I'm going to call Melco, but from what others have said, I don't expect much. So in the meantime, how do I make a forced/manual tie off? Everything I make for customers is going to be coming apart! (I've been putting dabs of glue on them for now!) Help!!!
      Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

shut down

I have latest version of os and my problem is software shuts down on it's own, any one else having this issue?

Originally posted by MJ View Post
        When I reinstall my old version from my CD (it's like 10.001), OS doesn't work. Then when I update it to the latest version, I don't get tie-offs! I'm going to call Melco, but from what others have said, I don't expect much. So in the meantime, how do I make a forced/manual tie off? Everything I make for customers is going to be coming apart! (I've been putting dabs of glue on them for now!) Help!!!

Comment

I just got off with Melco service and he said they have a newer version than the one that you download from "Tools/Look for updates" that he says fixes the tie off issue. He just emailed the link to it to me. Here it is:
          Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

I have not installed it yet -- I'll let you know what happens. It's a big zipfile, it's still downloading. Keeping my fingers crossed!
          Danikasdad: no I have not had the issue of it shutting down, I had it freezing up -- could not even close the program, had to just restart computer.

Comment

OK, so with the new version, after 5 jobs, it still froze up. But the tie offs are working. However, the tie-offs don't seem to be holding very good? There's one knot, but it's very loose and if you pull it, it will come apart! I know there are options for different types of tie offs, but I don't really understand the images it gives you when you look at tie-off 1, 2, 3, etc. What is the default number of tie off that DS uses if you don't change it?

Comment

For the most part I have found the two we use the most are #1 for doing fills and #5 for doing columns. #5 does an upside down figure 4 for a lock stitch and #1 does kind of a jump to the side back and forth and then sews over itself....

Rod Springer
              Amaya Tech & Trainer
              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod, when using no. 5 tie off, do you need to move it manually into the design as my no.5 shows a touch of it outside of the embroidery? I've been using no.1 as a column tie in or off and no.2 for walk stitches and fills. Yikes, I'm pretty much backwards from what you said!

Comment

No, we have never had an issue.
                  Sharon (for Rod)
                  Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I have this issue also,
                    I have found after a few hours I just restart everything.

It is kind of a pain but it gives me a 5 min break.

Comment

Working...
                    X