YIKES! HELP! My Swipper has failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YIKES! HELP! My Swipper has failed

My swipper has decided to no longer swipe although it tries! it makes a horrible sound while trying.... :-(
    I am going to call tech support in the a.m. as they are now closed, but was just wondering if anyone else had ever had this problem?
    Was it easy to fix?
    There is nothing blocking it, it was in middle of sewing when a thread tht had not cut blocked the path of the other thread while sewing and machine stopped. So after cutting thread and re-threading the "sewing" needle it wanted to swipe and made horrible noise. so now no swipper. It still sews fine but for every color change and thread cut it wants to swipe and so then horrible noise ensues..... I am hoping an easy fix...
    Melinda Holm<br />Embroidered Creations

I had that happen to me once a LONG LONG time ago (the horrible noise thing). I BELIEVE it was that the slot it fits into somehow closed up -- the bottom piece got bent upward. The other thing was it was hitting the arms because I had it sewing on needle #1 and it was goward the left side of the carriage. Vice versa on the right and needle #16. That was a highly technical fix by Gary Rose -- he pushed the arms down just a touch.

Comment

It does sound as though the Grabber bar is hanging up on something. Take off the hoop and whatever arms you have installed and try again. Also under Maintenance select the Stepper tab and Grabber Home. Inspect the bar for bent parts. It is truly a scary sound when the Grabber bar gets stuck.

Comment

Working...
      X