DS Pro+ V9 Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS Pro+ V9 Crashing

Anyone have a problem or better yet a cure for Design Shop Pro Plus V9 crashing? I've been running on an XP forever with only an occasional unexplained lockup or shutdown. The computer is dedicated to Amaya running no other programs. The "hardware acceleration" was disabled long ago. It went down once yesterday for the first time in a long time then today it has been impossible and doing strange things. Working on a very simple font logo and was just trying to so very minor editing. I tried to move a letter ever so slightly and it might work a couple times then when I touch it again the curser turns into a double sided arrow and a line goes off the screen. I save my work periodically and tried going back to one that worked...same results. Then it shot a line off across the screen somehow I was able to save it after it gave me an "out of memory" error and when I looked at the file it had a width of over 8 MILLION INCHES! I'd be out of memory too! Shut the computer down for a couple hours, restarted and opened the last file I knew I didn't have an issue with, about 5 moves it happened again. Deleted the files and restarted fresh...same thing. Opened older files from other jobs that had no issue and tried to do anything...same thing. Any suggests/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for any ideas you have.
    Sue

Did you reinstall DS?

Comment

Don't laugh but have you tried plugging in a different mouse?
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Go into the PROGRAM FILE > MELCO > AMAYA V9 directory and delete the folders (completely) that are labeled JOBS and MACHINES. If you're not comfortable deleting them, just rename them temporarily, then delete them after. When you reboot your machine and restart the embroidery software, these directories will automatically be remade. If anything was choking them up, it will be gone and you should have a clean reboot. If this doesn't work, I'd guess it has something to do with your graphics card/capability. You didn't specify what kind of operating system you're running (XP, Windows7) and you'll probably need to check your memory requirements. However, if you've been running it find and this suddenly started, then it's most likely the Melco software. In which case, after cleaning the JOBS and MACHINES, if the problem still occurs and you've reviewed all the obvious, I would definitely uninstall the software and reinstall it. If it happens again, I'd call Melco.

Comment

Laughing!

Originally posted by John View Post
          Don't laugh but have you tried plugging in a different mouse?
          I just had to laugh! My first thought was that I should have thought of that. Didn't work this time but you can bet I'll think of it in the future.

Comment

Tried the new mouse, deleted the files, deleted the files again and uninstalled DS, reinstalled...no good same thing. Installed it on a laptop that has no other programs on it windows 7 verses the XP same issues! So I figured it had to be something that the two computers had in common which would only be the antivirus software which does auto updates. I keep all the computers protected just in case someone gives me a corrupt file. Went back to the XP and deleted Trend titanium maximum security software. Fingers crossed I've been messing with it for a little bit and so far so good! Hours lost but hopefully good to go.

Thanks for the input...I'll keep you posted it reverts back to the issues.

Sue

Comment

I just installed Design Shop lite on an Windows XP system, and now it crashes constantly (like within 1 minute of use, every time. Any ideas?
              Jim Olfers
              www.velocity.deco-apparel.com/

Comment

Working...
              X