Question about adding a drop shadow to text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about adding a drop shadow to text

I have a question about adding drop shadows to lettering. I have a logo with 14.7mm high caps with 11.9mm lower case letters. Most of the columns within this lettering are 3-3.2mm wide. The letters are set quite close together, just giving enough room for the drop shadow. It will be going on easy care dress shirts and moisture wicking polo's. I'd like to cut down on the number of color changes if possible by connecting 3 of the lettering drop shadows, then sew the 3 letters, continue with perhaps 3 more drop shadows, followed by lettering on those, and so on. If I start in the center and work out in each direction after say.... each set of 3 letters, will this work so as not to push on the garment and distort the top lettering after stitching that much shadow first? Or am I stuck with a color change after each shadow and letter.......which would lead to 27 color changes just for the main text, not including the taglines and graphic!! Can you guess I'm working my way up the digitizing ladder? I'd appreciate some tried and true advice on this please, please, please

When I let DS do the shadowing it stitches all the shadow first and the the top letters. It overlaps enough to not cause problems.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thanks Juli!

Comment

Working...
      X