Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patches: In-House & Outsourcing

Hello!

I've read through numerous threads on here regarding doing patches. We've never done them but we have had a couple of customers request them so we would like to start doing them. I have a couple of questions since the thread I was reading goes back to 2008.

1) Is it still best to outsource patches if you have an order of more than 50?

2) If so, what companies are best for outsourcing as I read something about some companies not doing wholesale pricing, therefore giving your customers the same deal as you could get?

3) Do some customers require you to sew patches onto their clothing?

Thanks!

Susan

Anyone out there??? I have a customer who needs 50 patches and I could really use some help in knowing a good company to go to...ASAP! Thank you!!!

Comment

how soon, is the art work done? what is the expected price
      Marv [email protected]

Comment

Seems to me that once you get above 20 or so, it would be more efficient to outsource to a specialty company that does them. You should be able to get a wholesale price sheet from most suppliers being in the business.
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
        Hilton Head Island, SC
        http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

In our searching we haven't found companies offering wholesale pricing (my husband has been doing the searching). Our customer provided us the artwork and we just cleaned it up a bit. Obviously they could go to the supplier and get the same thing but without a markup. There was a thread that mentioned a company or two that offered wholesale pricing but for the life of me I can't find it.

Comment

Patches - Still Need Help!!!

Okay, so maybe I'll ask this question. I'd sure love some help as we haven't been at this too long and could sure use some guidance. We are having no luck finding any patch wholesalers and the only threads I can find are very, very, very old. We have a customer who needs 50 patches. We need to get back to them tomorrow. Would you a) go to one of the companies online where your customer could also go and take the risk of adding in a small profit for yourself (and how much), hoping your customer wouldn't find out your prices sucked or b) let your customer know they could get them cheaper if they went directly to the patch company and hope they come to you for future jobs because you were honest?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Suz View Post
              Okay, so maybe I'll ask this question. I'd sure love some help as we haven't been at this too long and could sure use some guidance. We are having no luck finding any patch wholesalers and the only threads I can find are very, very, very old. We have a customer who needs 50 patches. We need to get back to them tomorrow. Would you a) go to one of the companies online where your customer could also go and take the risk of adding in a small profit for yourself (and how much), hoping your customer wouldn't find out your prices sucked or b) let your customer know they could get them cheaper if they went directly to the patch company and hope they come to you for future jobs because you were honest?

Thanks!
              Best to keep your question in one thread rather than opening a new one.

We don't get much call for patches. We have used blanks in the past and sewn names etc. on but it's been probably about 5 years since we've done our last.

In the mail via our UPIC account, we have gotten these two companies in the last couple days. You might want to see what they offer...

We help you acquire the perfect domain for your site. Affordable payment options. Quick and responsive customer support available.

John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

BTW, take the order charge a setup fee and add a small profit per patch or for the job. There is value in you coordinating the order and being a one stop shop. To do that, you don't have to make your prices SUCK per se.

BTW, if you are a UPIC Promo supplier - there are a ton of patch companies in the distributor central site - all available to you at WHOLESALE rather than retail pricing.

If you aren't UPIC - suggest you look into it. Free to join as long as you have invoices from suppliers to shop you are doing wholesale work.
                John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

How can I qualify for a UPIC?
                  You can automatically qualify (upon verification) for a UPIC if you are a PPAI member, Regional Association member, Adventures in Advertising Franchisee, Proforma Franchisee, Press-A-Print Operator, Distributor member of DistributorCentral, or a SAGE subscriber. You may also qualify if you are an ASI subscriber, but you must provide documentation.
                  If you do not meet any of the above qualifying criteria, depending on your company category, you can qualify by providing the following:

Distributors (what most of us here at AmayaUsers would qualify for):
                  1. Either provide three invoices from three different promotional product suppliers (SanMar, Bodek, Broder, S&S etc.) for at least $100 each (not for samples) dated within the last six months, or be sponsored by at least five members of PPAI. sponsorships must be in writing.
                  2. Be in the promotional products industry for at least three months.
                  3. Have a promotional products annual sales volume of at least $15,000.

John Yaglenski

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    How can I qualify for a UPIC?
                    You can automatically qualify (upon verification) for a UPIC if you are a PPAI member, Regional Association member, Adventures in Advertising Franchisee, Proforma Franchisee, Press-A-Print Operator, Distributor member of DistributorCentral, or a SAGE subscriber. You may also qualify if you are an ASI subscriber, but you must provide documentation.
                    If you do not meet any of the above qualifying criteria, depending on your company category, you can qualify by providing the following:

Distributors (what most of us here at AmayaUsers would qualify for):
                    1. Either provide three invoices from three different promotional product suppliers (SanMar, Bodek, Broder, S&S etc.) for at least $100 each (not for samples) dated within the last six months, or be sponsored by at least five members of PPAI. sponsorships must be in writing.
                    2. Be in the promotional products industry for at least three months.
                    3. Have a promotional products annual sales volume of at least $15,000.

Thanks for all your help John! I will check these out. I went to Patchwarehouse but honestly the gal was pretty rude, giving me a blanket quote, no details in my quote & not answering my questions. When I did re-ask the questions she said all of that was on their website or "obviously", etc. Well "obviously" I didn't understand or I wouldn't have asked the question. I wasn't aware I had to read through the entire website before filling out their quote form that even had a place for questions that she didn't answer. Oy! Not to mention my customer can go to them and get the same price (not that they have the time).

Comment

I've used The Studio a couple times for patches. Great great great service and very nice patches!
                      [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

Comment

Working...
                      X