Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobbin thread won't trim

Hi,
    Sewing red work DOW, designs from Emb. Library. Using real flower sack dish towels, no backing. Bobbin thread won't trim, pulls thread tight, even breaking a needle. Lots of jump stitches, so crimping fabric from underneath. Did 5 sets for local gift shop, sat beside the machine to break bobbin thread with my finger. Any suggestions? Sews/trims very well most other times.
    Thanks,
    Susan
    Hidden Cottage

without backing you may get this with an XT as the way it trims is to just push the thread against the blade there is no actual scissor action.
    try it with tear away or soluble and see if that helps.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Have tried it with a nice crisp tearaway, still doesn't trim about 90%. But using the soluble, sounds interesting...on the bottom?
      And, about the XT not trimming/scissors info, after 14yrs....did not know that.
      Hidden Cottage

Comment

Could the blades need to be replaced? This XT is probably 6 yrs old, traded up, and pretty much full time use, until I semi retired about a yr. ago.
        Hidden Cottage

Comment

If the trim works for other projects, I doubt that's the problem. For my Big Red I would do a swipe test. Look in your Operator's Manual> Help under "knife".

Comment

Working...
          X