Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor fabric embroidering problems!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor fabric embroidering problems!!!!!

I have had nothing but problems for the past hours on my new bravo.
    I am using floriani thread on Olefin - outdoor fabric. On auto for acti-feed-
    Any suggestions - needle type etc.
    Keeps unthreading- broke two needles, its taken me 6 hours to do a 30 minute project and its not done yet.

My husband is ready to send the machine back!

Not enough information to come to any conclusion...

How high is you "presserfoot" set at. I you slowly turn the cogwheel in a ""Counter Clockwise"" direction , how many clicks are you from the bottom?

Is the Floriani thread poly or rayon?

Needles oriented properly with the groove slightly to the left?

Backing?? Tear-a-way.....Cut-a-way?

Speed?

Hoop size?

Etc..........

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Presserfoot set on 2-3 - Auto acti-feed- Poly thread, groove to the left?
      Speed 700
      hoop size 12x12-
      no backing
      titanium needles - 75/11

Comment

A little confused about the cogwheel, which way should you be viewing it?
        Looking at it from the left side of machine?

Comment

Did I say groove to the left....hummmm, I did...was thinking about the cog wheel I guess. Groove on the face of the needle should "always"s be to the right...sorry.

Presserfoot height should be as low as one can get it as long as it is not damaging the fabric to reduce any flagging.

In Settings, Threadfeed, what setting is the "Auto Lower Limit" set to?

In reference to the cogwheel...looking at it face-on regardless if the needlecase is covering it up.

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer.

Comment

Oh--backing....try using a good backing....what is this material going to be used on?

Rod

Comment

Sure is great to have a Rep from the company on here!
              I will be using the outdoor fabric on a seat cushion.
              Yesterday - when I first started my machine stopped probably 25 times times for a false thread break - i would start it to sew again - it would jump back with a longggg stitch and return sewing over it. it was like a jump stitch. Is this normal?
              I am not exaggerating on a twenty-five times - maybe more. This was the underlay area it did it on.
              Lower limit set on 1
              Thank you Thank you for your help!

Cheryl

Comment

Whenever you were to get a false bobbin break he machine software automatically will back up 10 stitches. Newer software will allow you to set the amount of stitches you want it to back up. So,yes this is normal.

False threadbreak can be caused by several things. In your case, where you have mentioned it happening in the underlay areas, it appears that it may be short stitch lengths causing some issues.

Narrow columns and or very short stitch lengths can cause the false threadbreaks to occur. For a problem area in a design, if you do not know how to digitize or edit existing designs, the easiest work around, is to go into your Settings and disable the bobbin detect. You have to remember that you have unchecked this feature because it does not automatically default back to normal. If disabling this feature does not completely stop the false bobbin breaks, then in Settings you can uncheck "All Thread Protection". BUT.....this means you will have to baby sit the machine in both cases, just in case you have a "real" bobbin or thread break, especially with all thread protection disabled because the machine will just keep running and not stop.

Doing the above will get you through a problem project. Is it the best way, no, fixing the design problems would be the ultimate solution.

The best way I know of to determine if it is a design issue or a machine issue, is to run the Bravo Ampass test design. This is found in C: drive, Program (86) , Melco, Amaya, Test Designs. Make sure all of you machines settings are correct, presserfoot is down, material is hooped tautly, good needles oriented properly, etc, etc. If the machine will sew this well groomed design without problems, then you more then likely are having design issues.

Rod Springer
                Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Working...
                X