Tie Offs in OS versions 10.00.037 vs. 10.00,051

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie Offs in OS versions 10.00.037 vs. 10.00,051

I was having issues with tie offs not completing themselves regularly when stitching logo's. I mentioned this awhile ago in this forum, but it seemed as though no one else was having this problem, so I assumed it was a machine issue. Just recently tech from Melco said that this actually was a software issue that supposedly was resolved with version 10.00.051 and the work around was to save your files in a different format for sewing. Anyone else hear about this or tried this? My machines did not seem to like version 10.00.051, but they are 2006 XT models, so don't know if that makes a difference or not. Rod.....would you have any input on this information about ties as a software issue and the "work around"? This is rather scary as tie offs are a vital element of embroidery.

I've had the same issue as you. I have a Big Red and an XT. Recently, was running the same design on both and the XT wasn't properly doing tie offs. I tried changing the style to 5 and still nothing changed. I'm running the most recent version. Would be interested in a solution too.
    Lou Frazier<br />In House Specialties, Inc.

Comment

Lou, you said you are indeed running the latest software..051 and still not working for you either. Well, I haven't tried this suggestion as yet, but my local tech told me to install version .051, reboot, install it again without uninstalling and reboot once more. He has said others have had issues with .051 causing multiple thread breaks, etc and this seemed to work for them. I just don't have the time to try this and set everything up on the machines again. If you give this a try and it works, PLEASE let me know and I will make the time! I have been going in and removing any pre-set ties from DS and made manual tie offs which is time consuming, but at least I don't have to worry the embroidery will unravel for the customers.

Comment

Tie Offs in OS versions 10.00.037 vs. 10.00,051

To CKramer, sorry I didn't respond sooner. There was one design in particular that I had this issue with (tie ins/offs not holding) and I am running it today. Before, it was so bad when I dampened the top solvy and dabbed it, I was pulling stitches out. I did as your tech suggested and reloaded my OS and I do think there is an improvement. So, you might want to try it.

Comment

Thanks lfrazier! I am so busy right now, which is good of course, so may need to wait until things slow a bit after the holidays. One question tho....did you completely uninstall your prior version before installing the newer .051 and re-installing again over the top, or did you just install over the older version initially. If I don't need to uninstall then it wouldn't take that long as I won't need to set up the thread tree colors and added hoop sizes. (I have tried just saving the added hoop folder and dropping into the new folder that's created when installing, but it failed to recognize any added hoop sizes created-maybe I didn't do that part correctly or something, but gosh that adds a ton of time to set up again.)
          Again, thank you for replying!

Comment

I did NOT do an uninstall. Just installed the OS again. Took a few minutes and I was back up again. Of course, I didn't have any saved setting to deal with. Cant tell you the effects on those.

Lou

Comment

Working...
            X