Acti-feed, Material Thickness AND Minimum and Max, Standard or auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acti-feed, Material Thickness AND Minimum and Max, Standard or auto

Hello all! I am having a time sewing out a design that I have had digitized. I know that there is nothing wrong with the design itself I have seen it sewn out. MY Amaya XTS on the other hand is having trouble. It is sewing the underlay and the fill stitches and border are loopy, also the border stitch isn't lining up with the design, with the fill is sewing outside of where the border covers. I was told that I needed to adjust the Acti-feed, Minimum and Maximum fields. I am sewing Black Sweatshirts, with White lettering. I set the parameters of Actifeed on Auto, Minimum on 5 and left max on default. Looks horrible. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should set these limits to????

I have to have 20 sweatshirts out in two days and am still at square one!!!

Thank you SOOOO much in advance!!

I hope this works, tried to attach 2 pictures The 1st design sewed out perfect on other machine.

Ths (1).jpg

This from my machine
    THS (2).jpgTHS (2).jpg

Originally posted by MHope67 View Post
    Hello all! I am having a time sewing out a design that I have had digitized. I know that there is nothing wrong with the design itself I have seen it sewn out. MY Amaya XTS on the other hand is having trouble. It is sewing the underlay and the fill stitches and border are loopy, also the border stitch isn't lining up with the design, with the fill is sewing outside of where the border covers. I was told that I needed to adjust the Acti-feed, Minimum and Maximum fields. I am sewing Black Sweatshirts, with White lettering. I set the parameters of Actifeed on Auto, Minimum on 5 and left max on default. Looks horrible. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should set these limits to????

I have to have 20 sweatshirts out in two days and am still at square one!!!

Thank you SOOOO much in advance!!

I hope this works, tried to attach 2 pictures The 1st design sewed out perfect on other machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33[/ATTACH]

This from my machine
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]32[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32[/ATTACH]
    Turn actifeed on Auto. Not sure who told you to set it on 5 minimum but that is just wrong. Sweatshirt material compresses. Presser foot all the way down or one click up.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I put the actifeed on auto, presser foot one click up and the design is all loopy and terrible. What should the minimum be on?? Any other suggestions?

Thank you!!

Comment

Oh and it is also erratic with the Actifeed line and ended up being on 40???

Comment

Originally posted by MHope67 View Post
          Oh and it is also erratic with the Actifeed line and ended up being on 40???
          Make sure your thread is fed correctly - not sure how you could be hitting 40 but that would cause problems for sure.

0 or 1 in the minimum box

Actifeed on.
          John Yaglenski
          Amayausers.com - Webmaster
          Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

When I do sweatshirts, I do two layers of medium cutaway, and spray adhesive. I "glue" the first layer to the shirt, and then put the second behind before hooping. Then a layer of wash away on top.

Comment

If after deleting the file in the jobs folder, turning all off and on, and then reloading, it's still doing it. To get through the job, turn the actifeed off. Set the standard thread feed to 8 and go. In the beginning, we had no auto actifeed and had to use standard settings. This should get you through the job and allow you to deal with the problem without a deadline looming. Hope this helps.
              Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Working...
              X