Melco EMT-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melco EMT-16

Melco just came out with a new machine the EMT-16. They had them at the Fort Worth ISS Show last week. The price for this machine is a bit higher than the XTS, the list is $17,245. The difference is an open area underneath the arm, the body is metal and the trimmer is on the hook (as I understood it). The OS is called MOS (Machine Operating System)and is compatible with a touch screen computer. I haven't read or seen anything else about this machine anywhere. Anyone else seen it?

This new machine sounds like the new Bernina E16 which is nothing more than an Amaya but is white, sews a bit slower, and has different operating software. Bernina purchased a portion of Melco about 2 years ago (maybe not that long) so things are changing. The Bernina E16 sells for about the price you quoted but there are different packages you can purchase. I have heard that Bernina is trying to get all machines priced about the same so they are not competing with a lower price machine identical to theirs such as the XTS. You can see the Bernina E16 at bernina.com under products then scroll down to the E16.

Comment

Thanks for posting the picture. I also heard that Melco is retrofitting the Bravo to make it more Amaya-like so maybe that is what this machine reflects. The Bernina E16 looks exactly like the Amaya except it is white and has the Bernina name on it. Very interesting.

Barbara in San Antonio

Comment

In a nut shell.....Bernina will have the E-16 which they will sell through their regular dealers.

Melco will still have the Bravo which is sold through private dealers and the Melco EMT-16 wil be sold exclusively by and thru Melco.

Other than the cosmetic change in looks, it appears that the change in the rotary hook to include the trimmer function may be the one most prominent change in the machine. The software has also changed.

I am sure Melco will be releasing more information sometime soon.

Guess you could put it this way in terms of evolution...

If the Amaya is the Daddy(Big Reds) and the XT is the Mamma, the XTS would become their first and only child, which now makes them Grand parents with the EMT-16. ;-})

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

It looks like they finally listened to Sharon about making the machine a lighter color!
          [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

Comment

Saw the EMT-16 last week (was expecting a demo on the XTS) and should be getting my one delivered 2 weeks today

Love the new cutter action in the bobbin case area! and the new software looks so much more user friendly - but that could just be because it's all new to me!

Comment

The new software for the EMT-16 works with the XTS and the XT. It works just like the traditional look and works the same. It also has a simpler look that has more buttons and helps you do the fabric thickness, pressure foot, hoops and colors easier. You can use with the traditional or to the simpler version. The color tree is much larger and has some Floriani colors as well as Maderia's newer threads added. I don't remember seeing any others. I believe it is usable with a touch screen but I don't have one so I can't address that. I haven't worked with the new machine but for the most part it is very similar. A few changes with the bobbin and of course the look is a bit different.s Looks like the new improves some things.
              Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I think I might be getting machine envy! Heehee
                [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

Comment

Has anyone purchased MOS separately and are using it with an Amaya XT?

Thanks,
                  Ed

Comment

Ed, I called latter part of last year to inquire about purchasing the new MOS, but was told it was only being sold to those who purchased the new EMT16. I don't know if that has changed or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sewfly View Post
                      I was told it was only being sold to those who purchased the new EMT16. I don't know if that has changed or not.
                      Thanks Sewfly. I submitted the software request to talk to someone on the Melco website three times since January. No one ever contacted me. I don't even know who my So. California rep is.

Thanks,
                      Ed

Comment

Third time was a charm....I was contacted by my Melco representative this morning. To confirm what was said to Sewfly, my Melco rep said that you need to purchase an EMT-16 in order to be able to order MOS separately. Although MOS will also run Amaya XTS and XT machines, Melco has no future plans to offer MOS to non-EMT-16 owners in the future. Too bad. I don't plan on buying an EMT-16.

Cheers,
                        Ed

Comment

Capture.JPGthis is the version that came with my XTS

Comment

Working...
                          X