Machine doesn't start when switched on but the laser lights up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine doesn't start when switched on but the laser lights up

Hello, I have 3 Amaya XT bought new in 2007. 1 machine when switched on does not come on at all but the laser lights up. It started by doing this occasionally like once within a few months then within a few weeks then days until now just doesn't respond at all. I have a second machine which is starting to do the same so as I am in great need of it's services at the moment I just never switch it off. I have 2 questions (1)has anybody else had this problem and if so can they please advise me ? (2) is it alright to leave the machine on permanently ?

Was your machine in sleep mode when it was turned off? Is your emergency stop button pushed in? When you say "the laser lights up," do you mean that none of the running lights come on but if you press the trace button the red laser light appears? Is your mother board coming on? Here are a couple of threads that might have some answers:

What to use and how to use it. Includes... Digitizing, Needles, Hooping, Backings, Threads, Bobbins & more.

I assume when you leave it on you are putting it in sleep mode so you don't burn out your LED lights. I don't like to leave mine on because we are on a crazy California power grid that has frequent surges and power cuts; it may be a groundless concern, but I am afraid of my mother board getting fried.

Comment

No it wasn't in sleep mode I don't use that very often. No for the emergency stop I tried switching that on and off. And yes just the laser lights up, nothing else comes on neither the mother board nor the running lights. I don't even do a trace because there is just no life in the poor machine. It's just dead with just the laser beam lit up. Thanks for the advice for the sleep mode for the other machine. I will take à look at the threads that you have given me. Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X