Bobbin thread showing on top of design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbin thread showing on top of design

I have been having bobbin issues. Currently, the bobbin thread is showing on the top of the design at regular intervals. It looks like zebra stripes. The thread has been breaking a lot.

I wanted to unscrew the needleplate to see if there is a broken needle or thread caught somewhere. Unfortunately, the screw is stripped and I cannot use the allen wrench to remove it. Any suggestions?

Many thanks for any help.

More info about your settings, fabric, backing etc. would be helpful. Does this happen every time or just with your current project?

Here's a site with 12 suggestions for removing stripped screws; there's bound to be one that would work for you.
    Today I found out twelve ways to remove a stripped screw.  We’ve all been there; trying to void a warranty or otherwise take something apart and you go to take that one last screw off and invariably it strips.  Now what?  You can either A: Think Hammer… really, really big hammer; or B: Read the list below and pick the [...]

Comment

try a different allen wrench or grind yours down a few mm. it may then catch.
      if not put a drop of super glue on the wrench and then put it in the screw head hold it there for a min. and then try and turn it out.
      righty tighty, lefty loosey...remember.
      good luck...
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

It's been happening every time and with different needles. I thought maybe it was the pinch feed roller. I put a new one and it still happens.

I'll have to try one of these tips to get the screw out.

Comment

The screw is still stuck. I really don't want try a drill on it.

I think I really screwed up the machine (Amaya XT). I took off the rotary hook support guard to see if there were nicks on it. I followed the instructions to readjust it and now the bobbin thread isn't even catching at all.

I even reset the machine by deleting the jobs and machine folders in the program files and powered up with a Force Download. I am so frustrated because it still isn't working.

Comment

Working...
          X