New Melco EMT16 Needle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Melco EMT16 Needle

Went for my XTS demo yesterday in the UK and it transpires that the new EMT16 model has come out and I actually demo'd that and was the first person in the UK to do that - pretty cool I thought!

Love the new cutter action on the bobbin case - very clever!

Fab machine and the new software looks good - I obviously don't have anything to compare it to but I saw 15 OS video's on youtube at the weekend and had watched them and the new touch-screen software just seems more user friendly or simplistic to me.

So excited, just a few final things to sort out as to hoops and things to determine the final package and then, fingers crossed, I will be an owner of a new EMT16 within a few weeks

new emt16

Can it be run on the same software as Amaya xt?and ran together? I just saw the ads for it yesterday!
    [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

Comment

Oh I don't know, they didn't say - the machine is pretty much the same just with a couple of "upgrades" but the software is a LOT different - we found some you tube videos on the OS just before we went down for the demo and then when we got there it was completely different.

Runs on touch-screen although you can use a mouse if you want but the layout is completely different - I felt the screens were clearer and not quite as scary as the ones I saw on the you tube videos!

2 weeks today and my new baby will be here - so can't want!!

Comment

Can't wait to hear/read what you think!
        [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

Comment

Eeek - so excited - today is delivery day and tech should be here in an hour or so with my new toy!!

Comment

Ooooh - she's fast!!

Takes a bit of getting the hang of with all the short-cuts in the keypad but Im getting there! Am glad my husband took the time off his work to be here as well as some of the more technical stuff I just couldn't get my head round he understood so that's fine!

Tech had to replace one part as the needle had hit something so he was showing hubby all sorts inside the hook area and beyond so that was actually good as well!

Had an issue yesterday where it kept shorting out after about 90mins and we figures it was a static build up - emailed a video to the tech and he said to change the socket it was running from and try a few other things and it's been fine today (so far!) so seems she just doesn't like extension cables!

Still got another day of training in a couple of weeks when I will be let loose on the cap frame & pocket frame but so far so good I think - just learning how to juggle between what I currently use, DS Lite & OS!

One "big" issue we had was that the SEO dongle (I think that's what it's called - the stand alone one) doesn't seem to like the newest version of the touch screen software - Flex dongles are fine but unfortunately I was the first person to come across this issue - kept jumping the Actifeed up to 31 for no reason! so Im back to using I think it's V10 or something (the non touch screen one) just now until it's sorted - was frustrating at first as all I had used to that point was the touch screen one but I had previously seen the 15 You Tube videos on the V10 software so it wasn't 100% new to me and we've spent time playing with things and she's hard at work sewing jacket backs just now!!

Im sure I will be on LOADS with questions over the next few weeks - and I apologies now!!

Mandy
            xx

Comment

The security only allows you to open your level of the software.

After that it does nothing. (Having no ability to control the program)

Any program issues your having would be computer or software based.

(It is just a key that lets you in the house, does not control what you do in the house.)
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

The issue has gone back to the developers to fix - something to do with the version I was given wasn't actually meant to be released yet or something but it works fine for Flex - who knows - not the computer (brand new laptop) and it's the OS that has the problem apparently - who knows - they are looking into it and fixing it but at not being able to use touch screen lol!

Comment

Working...
                X